Need help from a guru

Started by Stiv, June 18, 2012, 07:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiv

I have a PSD that is RGB.

I need to make it 4C plus change the background and another area into a 5th & 6th color.

Anyone want to make me a tutorial? I have over 900 of these to do, the faster the better.

PM me for my addy and I'll send you one.

Ear

900 of the varmints? Holy cow. Better make an action with stops.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

I'll take a crack on one. No promises though. Are they all similar enough (repeatable) to where an action would work?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

Without seeing the images, I'd be surprised if it would be highly actionable. You can probably automate some of the keystrokes that would occur after you make a selection, but you still have to somehow select the areas that need to be spots.

I'm up to taking a crack at it, as well.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Stiv

Still can't figure it out & I feel like such a dumbass. I have been using PS since, well, forever and I just never learned the higher-up stuff.

Well, we are going to try to get the customer to let us rework these into INDD with master pages, vectors, layers, etc. - more my style.

When I get a moment (lol), I'm going to take a class in PS.

DCurry

If you're going the ID route, you can use the existing PSD - just turn off the visibility of the Label Background layer and the Size Box layer (you can do this either in Photoshop or when placing the image in ID.)

Then put the spot red background and blue inset box on your ID Master Page. Go to the local page and plop the PSD right on top. I tested this out and it works.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Stiv

You, Sir, are an F'n genius.

Quote from: DCurry on June 19, 2012, 06:38:36 AMIf you're going the ID route, you can use the existing PSD - just turn off the visibility of the Label Background layer and the Size Box layer (you can do this either in Photoshop or when placing the image in ID.)

Then put the spot red background and blue inset box on your ID Master Page. Go to the local page and plop the PSD right on top. I tested this out and it works.

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DCurry

Quote from: Stiv on June 19, 2012, 07:38:17 AMYou, Sir, are an F'n genius.

Thanks. Now, if only I could find a job...

Joe

ID is definitely the way to go. I can get it changed in Photoshop but I wouldn't want to have to do it 899 more times. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.