News:

Main Menu

Preps 5

Started by Stiv, December 17, 2012, 02:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiv

What version Mac OS can you go up to and still be able to run Preps 5?

We only have one Mac left under 10.6 and it is the Preps station and it is sputtering.

t-pat

vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

gnubler

:goodpost: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: Stiv on December 17, 2012, 02:57:03 PMWhat version Mac OS can you go up to and still be able to run Preps 5?

We only have one Mac left under 10.6 and it is the Preps station and it is sputtering.

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Stiv

gnubler

Joe's dry blunt replies killz me!  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

Quote from: gnubler on December 17, 2012, 05:49:26 PMJoe's dry blunt replies killz me!  :laugh:

He's been left a finite number of characters to take him up to the 21st.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Stiv on December 17, 2012, 02:57:03 PMWhat version Mac OS can you go up to and still be able to run Preps 5?

Is it random crashes? Play with your dongle...
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Stiv

I am using an old Mac mini that has been passed around. The CD/DVD just quit working. Every once and a while it reboots with Preps in demo mode. Really helpful when you have a template open. The dongle thing sux rocks, I know and if I get caught playing with my dongle again I'll be fired.
 :hello: Notice I am waving with one hand. lol

DigiCorn

Getting a FLIM helps...
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Are you guys talking about floppies? I haven't dealt with those for years!

David

no, it's flim, you know, what comes out your mouth when you cough    :laugh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on December 18, 2012, 01:27:29 PMAre you guys talking about floppies? I haven't dealt with those for years!
I've heard girls don't like 3.5" floppies.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

Quote from: DigiCorn on December 18, 2012, 12:34:10 PMGetting a FLIM helps...

hound your Kodak rep and get a floating license, they'll probably be happy to do it, the dongles are a support issue for them. They'll have you send the dongle back once you get the floating license in place.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Joe

Quote from: t-pat on December 18, 2012, 02:14:12 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on December 18, 2012, 12:34:10 PMGetting a FLIM helps...

hound your Kodak rep and get a floating license, they'll probably be happy to do it, the dongles are a support issue for them. They'll have you send the dongle back once you get the floating license in place.

Yeah they will. For $600.00
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.