Pitstop not working properly

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, September 15, 2021, 05:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Don't wish the years away Tracy. It is NOT as great as it sounds.  ;D
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Donomo

Quote from: Joe on September 15, 2021, 11:20:31 AM
We had a few iMacs that had not had Acrobat updated yet. We renamed the Acrobat DC application on the Macs that were affected and then we copied the Acrobat DC application file from an unaffected Mac to the affected Macs and we got the problem fixed for now. We also turned off Auto Update in Acrobat Preferences for now.

On Friday I followed Joe's instructions above. Thanks Joe. It worked like a charm. This morning I started having the problem again, I quit Acrobat, then it worked fine. I quit Acrobat again and the problem reared it's ugly head once again.
I renamed the updated app xxAdobe Acrobat.app on Friday. Could the renamed app still launch randomly? I now moved the renamed app out of the folder completely. It seems to be working without issue now.

Joe

I did notice some weird things similar to that a couple of times. My thinking is it might be other files updated besides the actual application file causing it but it is weird the way it does that.

Tracy

did you turn off auto update?
just a thought

Joe

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Donomo on September 20, 2021, 08:53:41 AM
Quote from: Joe on September 15, 2021, 11:20:31 AM
We had a few iMacs that had not had Acrobat updated yet. We renamed the Acrobat DC application on the Macs that were affected and then we copied the Acrobat DC application file from an unaffected Mac to the affected Macs and we got the problem fixed for now. We also turned off Auto Update in Acrobat Preferences for now.

On Friday I followed Joe's instructions above. Thanks Joe. It worked like a charm. This morning I started having the problem again, I quit Acrobat, then it worked fine. I quit Acrobat again and the problem reared it's ugly head once again.
I renamed the updated app xxAdobe Acrobat.app on Friday. Could the renamed app still launch randomly? I now moved the renamed app out of the folder completely. It seems to be working without issue now.

That happened to me too, you have to select a pdfs properties and make sure it's using the new application and not the old one. You know that part where you check "use this app to open all pdfs".

pspdfppdfxhd

Then all pdfs after that will open in the right one.

Tracy

I Didn't have that problem, like a maroony I uninstalled my acro and installed the link from Enfocus site
looks like everyone else copied an old one.

Lammy

Spent 3 hours on a support chat with Adobe for this today. In the end the tech downloaded and installed the 2020 version and disabled updates.

Guess we'll have to wait an hear if Adobe fixes the issue so we can all get back to the current version?
Lammy ~ Everyone says a monkey can do it, but no one ever asks the monkey!

72+ cases - wood & metal type & sorts • LInotype Model 31 • Hohner B tabletop • Golding #7 Jobber • ATF Little Giant • Heidelberg S Cylinder

Tracy

DigiCorn

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on September 20, 2021, 10:20:03 AM
Then all pdfs after that will open in the right one.

hopefully

in a perfect world
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

AaronH

Man am I glad this thread exists. This just started effecting me today. Most of this morning I could see my selections, quit acrobat (and most other adobe apps I had open) as something was hanging my memory it seemed. Then I couldn't see any selections. Thankfully I had a time machine backup from yesterday I was able to grab the old app and bring it forward. First thing I did after that was turn off automatic updates.

Naturally adobe won't fix this for, what, a year at least?
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

Joe

Quote from: AaronH on September 21, 2021, 12:24:53 PM
Man am I glad this thread exists. This just started effecting me today. Most of this morning I could see my selections, quit acrobat (and most other adobe apps I had open) as something was hanging my memory it seemed. Then I couldn't see any selections. Thankfully I had a time machine backup from yesterday I was able to grab the old app and bring it forward. First thing I did after that was turn off automatic updates.

Naturally adobe won't fix this for, what, a year at least?

I would be shocked if they (Adobe) are not blaming it on Pitstop. They always blame the 3rd party plug-ins.

madbugger

Quote from: Joe on September 17, 2021, 12:41:42 PM
Quote from: Tracy on September 17, 2021, 12:08:26 PM
Not looking forward to uninstalling, does anyone think the fix will come soon?

Tracy,

I can send you a link for an unaffected version. No need to uninstall or install anything. Just rename the app that isn't working and copy the one from my link. Download, unzip, and move in the Acrobat folder in the Applications folder. I will send the link via PM to you.

Hi Joe,

any chance of getting a copy of that link as well please. My last backup is a little old and I don't want to go back that far with Acrobat

Cheers
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.
— Madbugger

Some people say you gotta die some day, I got news, you never gotta go
— Ted Nugent

abc

Just to  give you all an update. We are working on a fix at the moment.
When it's done we'll push out a special update to resolve this for macOS users only.
We improved the automatic update process in the last version, so that will help us get it out there.