News:

Main Menu

Catalina

Started by DigiCorn, March 16, 2020, 01:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

I've had a steady stream of work today, but I can't imagine that will continue for long. Has anyone updated to Catalina yet? We don't have RIP or Impo software to deal with; just Suitcase and CC2020. I'm fairly certain those will play nice, but does Catalina screw anything else up? It won't mess up fonts (any more than usual) or network stuff does it? I assume I'll have to upgrade from Mojave at some point, but is now a good time?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

:shrug:
We're stuck at Mojave due to Prinergy 8.2.1
I'm interested in your trial though...
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Joe

Catalina will only run full 64-bit applications so check everything you run. If you run any 32-bit applications they will not run on Catalina.

born2print...Prinergy won't be compatible with Catalina until Prinergy 8.5 that will update both VPS and Preps. Both of which currently are only 32-bit applications.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

scottrsimons

Joe, have you tried Catalina and then run Mojave in a VM to see if it can still run 32-bit apps. I don't have time, nor an extra machine to test this, but would like to know.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Joe

No I haven't. Don't really have the time and running a Mac OS in a VM sucks. My only choice is VirtualBox which is built to not work unless you are running a server version of the Mac OS as it is against Apple TOS to run a non-server version in a VM. I'm going to install Prinergy 8.4 one of these days but that won't work with Catalina either. If I'm still stuck inside next weekend I might install it on my home iMac just to take a look at it. I won't be putting it on a work Mac unless we have to get a new one that comes with Catalina or we get upgraded to Prinergy 8.5 but it is hard telling when that will be released.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.