pantone + Library reading

Started by frailer, May 06, 2014, 09:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Compadra is doing an in-house rabbit here. Mgr has "left the book at home". Need to simulate (roughly) 2176U. I think it's in the Pantone + library.
Can someone gimme a process breakdown so we can feed the numbers into Black Magic to 'make it look nice'?
...PS, I know that Lab is tied into the '+' Library, but we only want a rough guide for this exercise.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on May 06, 2014, 09:20:17 PMCompadra is doing an in-house rabbit here. Mgr has "left the book at home". Need to simulate (roughly) 2176U. I think it's in the Pantone + library.
Can someone gimme a process breakdown so we can feed the numbers into Black Magic to 'make it look nice'?
...PS, I know that Lab is tied into the '+' Library, but we only want a rough guide for this exercise.

You sure it is 2176? Not finding that number in my Pantone + Library in either Indy or Photoshop and of course I don't have a book for the Pantone + Library either.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on May 06, 2014, 09:44:01 PM
Quote from: frailer on May 06, 2014, 09:20:17 PMCompadra is doing an in-house rabbit here. Mgr has "left the book at home". Need to simulate (roughly) 2176U. I think it's in the Pantone + library.

You sure it is 2176? Not finding that number in my Pantone + Library in either Indy or Photoshop and of course I don't have a book for the Pantone + Library either.

The jury would still be out on that one.   :rolleyes:  Back to see if we can have book brought in tomorrow.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Diddler

You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

Joe

Pretty nice tool Diddler. Thanks.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

:cool:  We'll run with that. They can do a John West on it if they want. Or print whatever they want as it's a solid colour in Spot.
Rabbit's are always worse than proper jobs.   :shrug:

Diddler

Couldn't help but think of these lyrics . . .

Run, run rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!