Anybody using PDF fpos in Rampage?

Started by determined, August 12, 2009, 08:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiv

Well that clears things up.  :huh:

Looks interesting, a PDF FPO stored in the job folder on the RSI that you use to impose with.

I just looked at the FPO tab and I do have the option to PDF FPO.

Lumpy

Quote from: determined on August 12, 2009, 10:16:43 AMNo, see that's the thing...this pdf was NOT all out of whack, all trim boxes, bleed, media, etc. were where they should be UNTIL the fpo...see the pic above (that's the pdf BEFORE the fpo)

and my rip profile looks like this:
This is not the PDF trap engine profile. Its a RIP- EPS/PDF Input profile.
I'm not saying thats the problem, But sometimes weird things can happen in Rampage if you allow it to normalize your pdf pages. Try a profile set-up using the pdf trap engine setting.
Son you better watch your back when a poor man gets the blues.

almaink

Although I don't have Metrix I do have FPO PDF's on my RSI volume. As you can see from this screenshot.
I don't use them to impose tho.
I use the FPO's from this folder on my Jobs Volume. As shown here.

I have no idea what those FPO PDF's on the RSI are for but would think they are for RAMpage's use not users.
 Call RAMpage they would know for sure.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

determined

Quote from: almaink on August 13, 2009, 07:32:26 AMAlthough I don't have Metrix I do have FPO PDF's on my RSI volume. As you can see from this screenshot.
I don't use them to impose tho.
I use the FPO's from this folder on my Jobs Volume. As shown here.

I have no idea what those FPO PDF's on the RSI are for but would think they are for RAMpage's use not users.
 Call RAMpage they would know for sure.

those pdf's are NOT FPOs(the ones in your second screenshot are)...I actually have to choose to make the FPOs...I know that there is another PDF that actually resides in the RSI Job Folder, but that's not the one we use to impose. The one we impose is within the Job folder in another folder called "FPO". (It actually creates a folder when it makes the PDF FPO.)
Murphy must have been in printing....

determined

Quote from: Lumpy on August 13, 2009, 05:05:47 AM
Quote from: determined on August 12, 2009, 10:16:43 AMNo, see that's the thing...this pdf was NOT all out of whack, all trim boxes, bleed, media, etc. were where they should be UNTIL the fpo...see the pic above (that's the pdf BEFORE the fpo)

and my rip profile looks like this:
This is not the PDF trap engine profile. Its a RIP- EPS/PDF Input profile.
I'm not saying thats the problem, But sometimes weird things can happen in Rampage if you allow it to normalize your pdf pages. Try a profile set-up using the pdf trap engine setting.

where do I find the PDF trap engine profile? Is it even available to me (using 10.5)? You have to understand, I have no formal training or any way to find out this stuff here...

almaink

PDF trap engine is a profile. It should be in the default profiles list. Go to the Profiles tab then click on the new Profile button on the right. A box will open use the flyout to select PDF trap engine and create a new Profile.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

determined

Quote from: almaink on August 13, 2009, 09:05:09 AMPDF trap engine is a profile. It should be in the default profiles list. Go to the Profiles tab then click on the new Profile button on the right. A box will open use the flyout to select PDF trap engine and create a new Profile.

OK, I've got a pdf trap engine profile set up (thank you for that)...now I need to know, what are the advantages of this (and I'm trying to figure out why they're not using this here)

Stiv

Because, unless you are on v11 and running Quad core it is s-l-o-w.

It really does a good job though.

almaink

Quote from: Stiv on August 13, 2009, 01:17:14 PMBecause, unless you are on v11 and running Quad core it is s-l-o-w.

It's not that slow! Turn off interactive trapping and watch it fly!
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

determined

But can somebody tell me what the difference is between the pdf trap engine and RIP- EPS/PDF Input profile?? Does it have to do with rasterizing the file? (again, sorry to be such a pita but there's nobody else I can really ask)  :sad:

Lumpy

Quote from: almaink on August 13, 2009, 01:21:48 PM
Quote from: Stiv on August 13, 2009, 01:17:14 PMBecause, unless you are on v11 and running Quad core it is s-l-o-w.

It's not that slow! Turn off interactive trapping and watch it fly!

We run pdfs thru it all the time. Works like a horse. (thats kind of a stupid saying)

Stiv

Quote from: determined on August 13, 2009, 01:50:00 PMBut can somebody tell me what the difference is between the pdf trap engine and RIP- EPS/PDF Input profile?? Does it have to do with rasterizing the file? (again, sorry to be such a pita but there's nobody else I can really ask)  :sad:

PDF Trap Engine
Transparent effects from Adobe Creative Suite and Quark 7 do not force operators to rebuild files or develop other workarounds that increase labor costs. Rampage PDF Trap Engine deals with flattened and unflattend PDF at a native level, streamlining the production process.
Rampage natively processes incoming PDF files and traps them using the Rampage PDF Trap Engine. Among other benefits, this enables Rampage to process transparent effects in files from Adobe Creative Suite and Quark 7.

So basically drop your unflattened PDF right in.

Lumpy

Quote from: Stiv on August 13, 2009, 03:01:50 PM
Quote from: determined on August 13, 2009, 01:50:00 PMBut can somebody tell me what the difference is between the pdf trap engine and RIP- EPS/PDF Input profile?? Does it have to do with rasterizing the file? (again, sorry to be such a pita but there's nobody else I can really ask)  :sad:

PDF Trap Engine
Transparent effects from Adobe Creative Suite and Quark 7 do not force operators to rebuild files or develop other workarounds that increase labor costs. Rampage PDF Trap Engine deals with flattened and unflattend PDF at a native level, streamlining the production process.
Rampage natively processes incoming PDF files and traps them using the Rampage PDF Trap Engine. Among other benefits, this enables Rampage to process transparent effects in files from Adobe Creative Suite and Quark 7.

So basically drop your unflattened PDF right in.

Yeah, so take that.