Adobe is NOT God and why I'm pissed OFF!!

Started by Sparky, March 27, 2008, 05:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

I use SXC often - it's wonderful. Has no one started a thread listing free/cheap stock photos and vectors? I have many links to contribute.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: dudley on March 28, 2008, 10:20:45 AMSorry, i'm new here. It's a great place & less stuffy than some official places.

dudley

Welcome to the forums.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

tapdn

Quote from: dudley on March 28, 2008, 10:20:45 AMSorry, i'm new here. It's a great place & less stuffy than some official places.

I don't know about Adobe Stock Photos as i have no use for it. But your subject of Adobe is NOT god caught my eye.

No, they're not, but i'm sure if you asked them they'd tell you their poop don't stink.

That said, have you tried InD CS3 in Leopard? Trip.

What i've seen is sometimes, not all the time, placing an image or relinking an image will either crash the programme or give you the spinning beachball & eventually crash.

Sometimes restarting the app fixes it. Sometimes it doesn't (wasted an hour last night). In that event, i've had success trashing prefs by Cmd-opt-control-shift & relaunching.

Not that i need to be productive or maintain a livelihood.

Nor do i have anyplace else to go.

Doesn't the government have any antitrust regulatory powers?

Thanks, i feel better now.

dudley
One word answer- Micro$oft.
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: dudley on March 28, 2008, 10:20:45 AMNo, they're not, but i'm sure if you asked them they'd tell you their poop don't stink.

just cause poop doesnt stink, doesnt mean it smells like chocolate...   Adobe.

welcome to the forums Dudley.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

papa v2.0

Quote from: Slappy on March 28, 2008, 09:27:43 AM
Quote from: papa v2.0 on March 27, 2008, 08:17:14 PMhttp://www.logoserver.com/index.html

this is one i found for sports logos for around the world.
That's for reference only right? I don't see any downloadable content. Bummer.

thats srrange because you used to be able to get eps or illy files of most of the logos

strange?

Sparky

Quote from: Pointyhat on March 27, 2008, 09:42:03 PMSparky, have you committed to CS3?

Pointy yes I am a freelancer using Leopard (10.5.2) at home with Adobe CS3 on a new 24" intel iMac (all of which I paid full retail out of pocket for), not bragging just won't put up with any "out of the trunk of my car software, or save a $100 bucks by getting it from CDW when the Apple store is around the corner :cool:

Anyway...

I was just a little pissed, and surprised when I saw the announcement from Adobe and was wondering what everyone else used, as oppose to "you can get it off our web site..." kinda crap.

I, as I stated, am a member of iStock Photos, and have browsed "Getty Images" but can't seem to remember any of the other big players in this area.

and to be honest I was looking for a 4/color hi res portrait of Theodore Roosevelt. When I searched iStock all I saw was the Mount Rushmore monument, and a few stamps, and even less with Getty. But when I did a Google search in images, I got several hundred pages of returns. I finally ended up with one that may or may not be that high quality but it fills the bill for now.

Thanks gang :rolleyes:
"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"

Sparky

Quote from: gnubler on March 28, 2008, 10:31:37 AMI use SXC often - it's wonderful. Has no one started a thread listing free/cheap stock photos and vectors? I have many links to contribute.

Free and Cheap is wonderful, but at times I'll pay for QUALITY! instead.

Now start posting sites that offer FREE, CHEAP, and HIGH QUALITY, and I'll live on it  :grin:

Thanks gnub
"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"