"VECTOR MAGIC"

Started by delooch, October 26, 2007, 05:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky

BINDERY is a four letter word where I am now. Boss comes in with 8 boxes of 9 x 11 12pt material 1 box is a cover, chapters 2-8 and a back cover. then he goes and get the guts of the book. Wait for it...

... approx 30, 8.5 x 11 B/W pages, 3 in first section 4 in next then 5, 6, 4, and whatever... collated, but not slip sheeted, in several stacks of 3,000 copies. First we need to separate each individual book, then take each one of these "books" and add the "Cover", tab for "Section II", tab for "Section III", IV, and so on then the back cover.  :shocked:

took 2 of us 1 hour to get about 25 of these done, and there's over 15,000 yet to do :shocked:

So, I was praying the tech guy from Presstek would call back REAL SOOOOOOON!!  :grin:
"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"

Captain_Type

Looks like people weren't buying enough tokens, so they are also offering "subscriptions" for $4.95/month...

http://vectormagic.com/blog/posts/5

Not a bad deal, I suppose, if you do a lot of it. I get sent a lot of RGB low-res bitmap logos and end up either re-creating them or googling the company name and "pdf" to find an online version of a printed piece containing a nice vector one. As an added bonus, I also get to find out what their corporate colors are so we can match them.

I also use the logo websites listed on the sticky (thanks, guys), but a lot of the logos I need are for companies way to small to be listed there.

The Vector Magic website says they are also developing a desktop application. And the Streamline body wasn't even cold yet. :pirate:

Esko Automation Engine 23
ArtPro+ 23
Javelin Imagesetter