RBA rule to create a pageset

Started by joaodaffonsojr, April 11, 2019, 04:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: joaodaffonsojr on April 16, 2019, 06:34:53 PM
YES !
That´s it.
It must just add signatures as necessery to make the signatures full.
like a 64 page book will have 4 signatures.

Is that possible ?

I believe so either getting the number of pages by the method that either I or DCurry posted. Then in your 3rd screen shot you posted earlier for "Generate Imposition" in the area titled "Generate Imposition Method" change the value to "Auto Select" and then further down in the area under "Auto Select" "Preps template" select your 16 page imposition and I think it should add it into the imposition the correct number of times. I think it should act just like "Auto Select" in Preps. Now I have never done this before with RBA but I think it should work this way.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

If you figure out the Auto Select thing in RBA let me know. I couldn't figure it out, but I'm just a simple caveman.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

joaodaffonsojr

Well the auto select that i refer is to make signatures from a determinated imposition template !

I received a help to make "import the imposition" and worked.

but keeps importing all time ... in a infinitive loop ... how do I make to import just once ?

or stop import after the imposition is done ?

https://imgur.com/aj9AYna

scottrsimons

I'm like DCurry, we have a customer that we do a bunch of jobs for on a regular basis. They will be in bunches, and will be either 8pgs, 16pgs, 24pgs or 32pgs. And I have template jobs setup with hot folders, so our prepress operators can drop the files onto and it will refine and then assign the pages to the IMPO. I even have it setup to print out B&W laser copies so we can double check it did it correctly. I have not had the time nor the need to figure out how to get RBA to assign an IMPO based on a varied number of pages. Although I have seen it done.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

joaodaffonsojr

scottrsimons,

Nice that you know that can be done. I have some book sizes that togheter make like 80% of the jobs.
So I need to automate them with RBA, and it´s close to do it. As far as I manage to import just once the imposition.