Recent

Author Topic: Remove Dieline on all pages  (Read 902 times)

Offline Slappy

• Ninja Member
  • Come On. Fhqwhgads.
Remove Dieline on all pages
« on: January 18, 2021, 12:59:04 PM »
I know I'm missing something really obvious, client graciously supplied a bunch of BC PDFs with an odd-shaped dieline (in Magenta) and I need to remove it so the iGen doesn't print. Re-mapped the Magenta to a Spot (Dieline) but is there a canned Action to set all instance of that Spot Color to "None" or remove it?

I guess, since it's in the exact same position on all pages I could use that fancy coordinate based thing ABC has demo'd a hundred times, but I don't recall how.  :-[ :-[ :-[
A little diddie ‘bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin’ the best they can.

Offline Slappy

• Ninja Member
  • Come On. Fhqwhgads.
Re: Remove Dieline on all pages
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 01:11:31 PM »
Ahhhhh, I thunk too hard!

Just did a Select All by Spot Color & then Remove.  :facepalm:
A little diddie ‘bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin’ the best they can.

Offline David

• WTF?
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • arrrrrrrggg....
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 01:13:29 PM »
I was gonna say that...

not

:lmao:
Prepress guy - doin' jobs one at a time
www.texasgraphics.com

Offline pspdfppdfxhd

• Ninja Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 09:43:46 AM »
I know I'm missing something really obvious, client graciously supplied a bunch of BC PDFs with an odd-shaped dieline (in Magenta) and I need to remove it so the iGen doesn't print. Re-mapped the Magenta to a Spot (Dieline) but is there a canned Action to set all instance of that Spot Color to "None" or remove it?

I guess, since it's in the exact same position on all pages I could use that fancy coordinate based thing ABC has demo'd a hundred times, but I don't recall how.  :-[ :-[ :-[

That action is not that hard once you use it. I use it all the time. When you have time you should try it out.