Default Spot Screen Angle

Started by Tracy, March 10, 2021, 12:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Tracy

:laugh:I knew that would bring you guys out!
I will gather my image and a pic of the printed image.
I thought the same thing about the 1 color and the image being rescreened
or maybe the resolution lowered somehow, It is a 1200 dpi scan of a previous printing I do believe
so it was a copy dot scan not rescreened and being 1 color the screening shouldn't change
It never has for us, but being as we are not the ones who printed it, who knows how they output it.

Joe

Who output the plates and at what resolution were they output? I think that is the key to your question.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

Is this your image? If so, it will always show a moray. Or, if the moon hits your eye (like a big pizza pie), that will also produce amoré.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Tracy

Thanks Joe! I think that is the question I need to ask, I cannot replicate the problem
I will try and find the answers to the questions.
  Attached is the pdf of the image
I will take a pic of the moire when I can, not a big phone person and got some work to do  :laugh:

DCurry

I'm betting somehow, somewhere they re-screened your screen. I'll also wager that there was no moiré in the 15% tinted box.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Tracy

correct only on the globe, how would somebody rescreen at the workflow?

Joe

The platesetter will re-screen if it is a resolution that won't be evenly divided into the output resolution. The image is 1200 dpi so it either needs output at 1,200, 2,400 or 3,600 dpi. Anything else will cause it to re-screen the screen. Or at least that was how it was when years ago we had to input a bunch of screened images.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Huh! I had no idea!
I will report back when I know more

Tracy

are most image setters 2400?

the 1200, 2400, 3600, totally makes sense to me

born2print

If I remember correctly, "most" imagesetters can output at 1200, 2400 and 3600 as options?
So maybe they pick 2400 for everything. Or maybe they do 85 line at 1200, 133 and 150 line at 2400 and 175 and up at 3600?

Tracy

:laugh:
Just thinking of you, you were the one that taught me Lpi, Dpi, Ppi, it's all coming back!

born2print

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

Ok their image setter is at 2500, thanks guys
I would not have known to ask this.

Their prepress is telling me if you open up the image in photoshop at 89% you will see the moire  :laugh: