opening photos in photoshop and screen is green

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, May 27, 2021, 12:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Hard to explain this... but this afternoon I was editing images in photoshop from Acrobat and the picture opened in a bright green box! The picutre is there, you can see it when you zoom in and out, but its like this very bright green and makes it impossible to work with.

I tried the cmd option PR reset but its still happening. Help! Any insights?

pspdfppdfxhd

Deleted the Photoshop preferences file and all is ok.

Strange, never seen this one before.

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

born2print

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on May 27, 2021, 12:16:36 PM
Hard to explain this... but this afternoon I was editing images in photoshop from Acrobat and the picture opened in a bright green box! The picutre is there, you can see it when you zoom in and out, but its like this very bright green and makes it impossible to work with.

Is that "zapping the P RAM"? I haven't thought about that in many years...
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

David

haven't needed that trick in a while, although I do do the fsck -yf almost weekly on some of the Macs around here.

:banana:
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: born2print on May 27, 2021, 01:52:38 PM
Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on May 27, 2021, 12:16:36 PM

Is that "zapping the P RAM"? I haven't thought about that in many years...

I don't think they even works anymore on newer Macs. They removed the chime so you don't know when to press and release the keys. I tried to trick it on mine and guess when to press and release but I evidently I wasn't good enough at it if it would work.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

swampymarsh

Usually green, possibly red, rarely blue...

Sometimes changing zoom levels or quitting/restarting may be a temporary solution.

First, try Preferences > Technology Previews then tick the "Deactivate Native Canvas" option.

Otherwise try turning off features under Performance > Graphics Processor Settings > Advances Settings, or as a fallback unticking "Use Graphics Processor".

Quit and restart after changing settings.

If there is an update for your graphics card driver, then this may also be an option.

Good luck!

pspdfppdfxhd

Never happened again. Only occurred over the course of a couple of days. Strange. (what else is new?)  :drunk3:

swampymarsh

Possum

Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Skryber

You all know I complain about Adobe's "features." But I take it all back! Every last word! Last week a client made me design a newsletter using Constant Contact. It is a new low for me and I will need some time to heal so please respect my privacy during this difficult time.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

David

Quote from: Skryber on August 23, 2021, 08:34:32 PM
... design a newsletter using Constant Contact.

You should add that to your resume...

:lmao: :lmao:

:hangme:
Livin' la Vida Loca

Skryber

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Possum

Any time you prove you can do or use something, you're just asking for more of the same. I learned that early in my career.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

David

Livin' la Vida Loca