XMF Client for OS 11 Big Sur on Mac with intel CPU

Started by Joe, June 30, 2021, 07:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

I ended up installing the XMF client into an unused Windows 2012 Server that I can Remote into from my Mac to use the client.

I also have to remote into that server to be able to print jobs back into Prinergy from Preps 9.0.1 because it crashes Preps on Big Sur.

The upgrade to Big Sur on my iMac has not gone smoothly. >:(
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

bornrd

UPDATE: Lucky we're testing!

Couple of times, the mac where it's on froze up completely, having to force shut down with the power button.

So yeah... not exactly production ready.
macOS Catalina 10.15.7/Windows 10 - Adobe CC - Fuji XMF 6.13 - Luxel T9000 CTP E - KBA Rapida 105 universal - Heidelberg GTO - Heidelberg Windmill - Heidelberg Cylinder - Heidelberg Speedmaster 52 - Schelter & Giesecke PHOENIX A - Rockstroh VICTORIA - Lenpoligrafmash NEOTYPE N-7F - Konica Minolta C3080 - HP DesignJet ZP6810 - Epson Stylus Pro 4900 - Heidelberg Stahlfolder - Müller-Martini APOLLO - Müller-Martini PRESTO II - PERFECTA Cutting System

I have no idea what the f*ck I'm doing in prepress but here we are

www.ruegen-druck.de | @ruegendruck

––––––––––––––––––––––
They will chop you down just to count your rings

Lee Fenical

Quote from: bornrd on July 04, 2021, 11:43:18 PM
We just got a beta version this morning and so far, it runs just fine on Big Sur!

Man, I'de love to know where you got it. I'm gonna send a request today to my rep. We're less than 2 weeks away from a new JPress hitting the floor, and my brand spanking new iMac won't run XMF.

bornrd

Quote from: Lee Fenical on July 29, 2021, 06:42:43 AM
We just got a beta version this morning and so far, it runs just fine on Big Sur!

Man, I'de love to know where you got it.

Hello Lee!

Well, yeah, from the Fuji man I think.

However, you'll be quick to notice that the client still does not run very stable on big sur.. apparently they have a new public testing version coming real soon - but we haven't heard back. If you're lucky you might be eligible for that. But we haven't heard back for a few days ^^

Coming to think of it... Fuji man would be a nice superhero design
macOS Catalina 10.15.7/Windows 10 - Adobe CC - Fuji XMF 6.13 - Luxel T9000 CTP E - KBA Rapida 105 universal - Heidelberg GTO - Heidelberg Windmill - Heidelberg Cylinder - Heidelberg Speedmaster 52 - Schelter & Giesecke PHOENIX A - Rockstroh VICTORIA - Lenpoligrafmash NEOTYPE N-7F - Konica Minolta C3080 - HP DesignJet ZP6810 - Epson Stylus Pro 4900 - Heidelberg Stahlfolder - Müller-Martini APOLLO - Müller-Martini PRESTO II - PERFECTA Cutting System

––––––––––––––––––––––

Tracy

:laugh:
da ta da da! It's Fuji-man

what are his super powers?

bornrd

Well for starters, lasers coming from his eyes can record plates as rapidly as 7 minutes/Plate!  :banana:

––––––––––––––––––––––

AaronH

I've got an email in to my Fuji rep wondering when the Big Sur release is going to happen since we're like a month out now from a new Mac OS (I'm pretty sure anyway, Apple seems to release a whole version every September). Only response I've gotten was that he'll look into it, that he knows who to talk to. That was I think about two weeks ago...

Part of the problem from what one of their Fly-Fuji tech dudes was telling me earlier this year was that when Apple made the switch to only allowing 64bit programs to be installed (Mojave I think?), was that the software engineer guys did a super sloppy job coding it to 64bit for the Mac client. That's bit them in the rear end for the Big Sur and M1 move.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

Lee Fenical

Quote from: bornrd on July 30, 2021, 12:46:20 AM

Man, I'de love to know where you got it.

Hello Lee!

Well, yeah, from the Fuji man I think.

However, you'll be quick to notice that the client still does not run very stable on big sur.. apparently they have a new public testing version coming real soon - but we haven't heard back. If you're lucky you might be eligible for that. But we haven't heard back for a few days ^^

Coming to think of it... Fuji man would be a nice superhero design

Thanks for the heads up on the possible public test version! I did hit my Fuji rep up, but did not hear back yet. We've slowly been getting XMF up and running because they are having shipping issues. My Impo Proofer came in 3 separate shipments over 3 weeks, as well as the new Epson for which the final piece from X-rite just showed up. So the techs will be out to do the final prepress machines install next week. Will try to pry something out of them then.

If they have any new news I'll be sure to post it here.

Slappy

We're less than 2 weeks away from a new JPress hitting the floor, and my brand spanking new iMac won't run XMF.
Ohhhh really? We're in the beginning phase of planning to move into the inkjets also and I know the JPress is in the running. I think I'll start a few threads in the appropriate Forums, if you wouldn't mind weighing in that'd be great! (Or offline, in PM if you're not comfortable posting publicly.)
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Got the upgrade on XMF to 6.12. Client now runs on Big Sur.

bornrd

––––––––––––––––––––––

Lee Fenical

Quote from: Joe on October 15, 2021, 08:13:52 AM
Got the upgrade on XMF to 6.12. Client now runs on Big Sur.

I've got our last 2 days of training going on right now, so I will hit my trainer up for this new version this afternoon.

But if that fails, would you be able to throw a copy up on here? I'd be eternally grateful!

Lee Fenical

Hah, my trainer just said they will upgrade us next week!! Woohoo!!

Joe

I could get you a copy of the client but it won't do any good if the server is not updated as well. And that I do not have. XMF remotely installed the server version.

Lee Fenical

Yep, figured that out when the trainer got back in. But they're doing us next week so we'll be good to go.

And, of course, what pops up in my apple notifications this morning? The notice to download and install Monterey   :shoots_self: