Creative Cloud to stop including Pantone Libraries!!

Started by abc, December 08, 2021, 05:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abc

pspdfppdfxhd

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: abc on December 08, 2021, 05:41:16 PM
Discuss!

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/adobe-color.html

It will be interesting when someone sends a PDF in made with "Adobe Color". When Adobe makes that change it will take Kodak at least two years to make that change in Prinergy so I'm pretty sure Prinergy will "poo the bed" when that first PDF arrives and tries to process. It is just too bad I won't be there to see it.  :sarcasm:  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

I assume Adobe will plan on wanting to sell Adobe Color ink to printers too. Good luck with that.

And it is too bad abc isn't at Enfocus to make an action that converts Adobe Color to Pantone. :lmao:

At Adobe <=========== :facepalm:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Joe

And from the Adobe FAQ page:

Pantone color
What are Pantone Matches?
Color themes on Adobe Color can now be instantly converted into Pantone® colors which are used in printing, textiles, and manufacturing. Use these colors in Adobe applications when creating your designs. 

How do I convert my color themes to Pantone colors?
Open a theme and scroll down to Pantone Matches. Open the Pantone Matches menu and select the Pantone book you wish to use. Your swatches will automatically be converted into Pantone colors. You can download an image with the color information, or an ASE file which can be used to add your Pantone colors to the swatch panel in Adobe applications.

How do I use Pantone colors in Adobe applications?
Your Pantone color themes are available in the Libraries panel. In Photoshop, double-click a swatch in your theme to add to your active color. In Illustrator and InDesign, right-click the theme and select Add Theme to Swatches.

For more information on working with swatches in Illustrator, click here.

For more infromation on working with swatches in InDesign, click here.

Foozball

Oh hey Pantone ... sorry to hear you're getting dumped ... have you met my friend Quark  :dev2: ... let me buy you both a drink, or ten!

(And now we pray!) :drunk3:

Skryber

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

David

what if I just want a single color? I don't need a "theme" for a 1 color job.

WTF??

I'm sure they will offer a subscription to their new way of making you work harder.

...thank you, can I have another

:hangme:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: Skryber on December 09, 2021, 12:27:08 PM
WHY???

The old saying "if it ain't broke...don't fix it" comes to mind in this situation.

Joe

Quote from: David on December 09, 2021, 12:32:33 PM
what if I just want a single color? I don't need a "theme" for a 1 color job.

WTF??

I'm sure they will offer a subscription to their new way of making you work harder.

...thank you, can I have another

:hangme:

Why yes you can sir. Would you like a kick in the groin with that?

C2V

Any idea if they still going to allow exporting of formula guides into Adobe creative suite applications?

ie:
buy the uncoated and coated books. 
use code on back/inside of the books with Pantone Colour Manager application [app is now activated when you use the code(s)]
export  the formula guides into the creative suite applications (illy, indesign, photoshop) to have a recent set of colours and not a set from... creative suites release?

abc

It's not yet clear who instigated this.
Adobe pay Pantone a license fee to include the libraries. They may think it's too expensive.
Pantone may not want that relationship any more, and want to monetize including the libraries another way.

Time will tell.

Possum

Oh, you just know Adobe's gonna find some way to get money out of this. Oh, it screws up your work? Reminds me of a line from Goodfellas. "F you, pay me."
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.