mirroring guides

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, October 12, 2022, 08:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Joe

I also use the built in calculator In InDesign and Pitstop dialog boxes. Perfect Bound cover @ 8.125x10.875 with a .25" spine just enter in the Indesign width box 8.125+.25+8.125 and it does the math for you. Pitstop boxes work the same way.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

David

Quote from: Joe on October 17, 2022, 03:17:14 PMI also use the built in calculator In InDesign and Pitstop dialog boxes. Perfect Bound cover @ 8.125x10.875 with a .25" spine just enter in the Indesign width box 8.125+.25+8.125 and it does the math for you. Pitstop boxes work the same way.
oh yeah, I do that in Illustrator, Indesign and Pitstop all the time, best thing since sliced bread!
it does addition, subtraction and divides as well!

8)
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

I worked with a bunch of hooligans that never used it. I'd watch them get their calculator out and get it all added up. Drove me batty.

pspdfppdfxhd

Got the script, got the math, life is good, thanks!

scottrsimons

Quote from: madbugger on October 17, 2022, 02:32:50 PMProbably my biggest pissoff, lazy designer %$#@s who don't use coordinates to create borders, picture boxes, type boxes etc.
What about random crap left way off on the paste board? Even picture boxes with missing links?

A sure sign of a professional designer for sure. ;)
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Joe

Quote from: scottrsimons on October 18, 2022, 06:06:41 AM
Quote from: madbugger on October 17, 2022, 02:32:50 PMProbably my biggest pissoff, lazy designer %$#@s who don't use coordinates to create borders, picture boxes, type boxes etc.
What about random crap left way off on the paste board? Even picture boxes with missing links?

A sure sign of a professional designer for sure. ;)
Oh wow! Don't get me started! :drunk3:

David

OMG

open an Indesign file to a bunch of missing links...

zoom way out and the pasteboard is covered in empty text boxes and missing images

I love to delete stuff, got nothing better to do with my spare time

::)
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

When using InDesign a lot I made a habit to do that...zoom way out, select everything on pasteboard and delete. Do it for every page in the document. You know what would make a great script? Select everything that is fully on the pasteboard on all pages and delete. Get busy scripters!

Tracy

Yeah I use all the math boxes too!  ;D

Did you know you can select something and put inches in the percentage box and it will scale that way?
you have to type inches after your size for example if you wanted something scaled to 2.25 you type "2.25 inches" in the percentage box, so cool.
see Joe we don't need calculators!  ;D

ha ha or a percentage wheel

David

you can also convert inches to MM and vice versa.

If your prefs are set to Inches,  just type in 6mm in the box and it will convert to inches.

Use this all the time, some of our customers spec their files in MM or pixels, I was so happy when I found out this tip. Saves me tons of time not having to look up to convert one to another.

Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

Hey! I didn't know that, I have googled MM to inches  ;D

Joe

Quote from: David on October 18, 2022, 08:00:47 AMyou can also convert inches to MM and vice versa.

If your prefs are set to Inches,  just type in 6mm in the box and it will convert to inches.

Use this all the time, some of our customers spec their files in MM or pixels, I was so happy when I found out this tip. Saves me tons of time not having to look up to convert one to another.
Yes that is great if you have to get on a computer that a neanderthal uses that still uses pica's. :death:

pabney

Quote from: Joe on October 18, 2022, 07:45:57 AMSelect everything that is fully on the pasteboard on all pages and delete. Get busy scripters!
Here ya go.

https://files.emprinting.com/_pR5RIjckhBBN0R