Web Developer

Started by Joe, February 17, 2008, 11:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

For anyone that is doing web design/development I would highly recommend this add-on for Firefox. Most helpful thing I've found lately.

Web Developer
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

I use it quite a bit - it's fantastic. Has several bugs which are covered over at the developer's website. A big one is the disappearance of background images declared in the CSS when you're using the CSS editor. That alone almost cripples my attempts at doing live editing of the CSS.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

johnhodges

I tried to download the firefox addon Web Developer and I got an error message and I don't know how to proceed. add the steps of downloading web developer.

gnubler

I still use this regularly in addition to Firebug.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Downloaded via Firefox add-on manager for me. I too use it all of the time.

David

ok, noob time here...

what is this used for?

how does it help you?

Can you tell I know nothing about web dev?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

It's an add-on for firefox that will show you a lot of relevant info about objects on a web site. Colors, images, CSS, etc...

David

I was reading about the "User Agent Switching". Is this something that's done pretty regularly, or is it just for hackers that want to spoof a browser?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Yes it is fairly regular. Most web sites probably already do this every time you visit their site. I used to do it here until the mod quit working that determined if you were using a mobile browser.