Author Topic: Imported Mark problem  (Read 3681 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline frailer

  • Sydney, OZ.
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • *****
  • Posts: 11819
  • Gender: Male
  • Older, and digitally challenged
  • Gender: male
Imported Mark problem
« on: September 27, 2008, 07:58:00 AM »

Made up a custom mark in Illy CS3, Spot colour, to go at the back of a biz card impo. The impo printed and opened OK without the mark. It printed OK with the mark, but when I went to open it, I got an error message from Acrobat..."...problem opening file...Error [109]'. That was the number I remember, at least... :undecided:

I know Dyna can be fussy about "alignment" of PDF versions, but I'm perplexed by the fact that it went through the motions of printing a file, then Acrobat has a problem with it. When I get time later next week I'll make up another Mark in Illy CS2, and see if I get the same error.

PDF version for Dyna printing is 1.6, [usually, unless there's a problem, in which case I might try lower versions].

Solution was to Place in Indy CS2, whack a Frame at the back, and re-Export.

Non-Dyna users may still have some thoughts on this, as I'm seeing it as more Acrobat-related at this stage. [Acrobat 7, in this inst.].
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
Now just an honorary member.