Only digital
0 (0%)
offset/web and digital
7 (43.8%)
offset/web only
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

kermit

Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

Joe

Where is the line between a color copier and a digital press? I consider ours a color copier. And a piece of crap color copier at that.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

kermit

I consider them some kind of a digital press as it does not need manual press operators to constantly handle them
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

Joe

I guess ours needs a manual color copier/prepress operator to constantly handle it. I swear it's broke down more than it runs.

kermit

replace it with something that works

mod note:

edit: sorry...didn't mean to use this post.

Chilbear

We have the HP Indigo 5000. Terrific machine.

30YearsandCounting

We have a few Xerox iGens.  They're not presses, but they're awfully good.

Joe

Quote from: stargate on September 10, 2007, 09:48:06 AMreplace it with something that works

I don't have to use the thing. ;D I just have to listen to the bitching about it.

doubting_thomas

We run a Xerox Docucolor 2060 and a Nuvera 120. Both are billed by the Red X as
digital presses, but I'd call them high speed network printers.

kermit

yes, but Xerox calls them digital press...

doubting_thomas

Quote from: stargate on September 10, 2007, 10:45:08 AMyes, but Xerox calls them digital press...
Right. They can spin it however they'd like to. I don't believe much they say.
They're fast network printers.

Joe

Our "piece of crap color copier" folds and staples too. Can I call it a bindery line too?

Slappy

Quote from: Chilbear on September 10, 2007, 09:54:30 AMWe have the HP Indigo 5000.
Ditto, one here & one in our other location. It can be a terrific machine, when it's running well. When it's not, ohhhh boy - look out!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

prepressDog

I think (hope) were getting a new konica c6500 this week w/ Creo Rip

Any good reviews about this piece?

We run tons of short run 4c work on our c500---has done us well in the past.
Takes a lot of work from the techs to keep her up an nice...but it works. 1-service call every week or 2

RobR

Cincinnati Bengals
LOOSERS!!!!!