Adding files to Doc List

Started by frailer, January 07, 2008, 09:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

I know this program is quirky, but this is ridiculous. I have a consistently named single page PDF list. Should add them in the correct order. i.e. Calendar_P1.pdf, Calendar_P2.pdf etc...But when it gets to 2 it jumps to 11 through to 19, THEN back to 20>28,THEN back to 2>9. It's reading the first digits in order. Can't make up its mind whether it's in decimal/Arabic or binary. WTF? Have sent query and screenshots to Dyna, and they'll get back to me, but anyone experienced this sort of thing?
My tempestuous relationship with DynaStrip continues... ::) pans being chucked in the kitchen...all o' that.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

:-[ :-[...maybe just dawndaponme... ::)  They should be numbered "01, "02", etc. Now that I've figured out which numbering system I'm in.  :-X
I've got time to try it while a tech's here...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

I think that's the way computers count...not just Dynastrip. The solution is just as you stated, 01, 02, 03, etc....
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

At least I figured it out just before the "replies" started rolling in...LOL.   :-X
Still a bit of a PITA, but I guess a rename of PDFs 1>9 isn't so bad, just to get it to self-flow.

Joe

Lookup "Renamer4Mac". Makes renaming large groups of files easy as pie.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Figured there must be something like that around. Thanks   :)