Marks & colorbars a no show

Started by jimking, June 10, 2010, 07:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Jimking, check out my screenshot a couple of posts back - that's where you tell Apogee to impose based on PJTF or Template. Mine is on Template, yours must be on From File or From Input I guess.

Joe, Apogee is similar to Prinergy in that respect, but Prinergy is way better, smarter, and much more flexible. I really miss it, even though I only worked with it for 6 months.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

jimking

Quote from: Joe on June 16, 2010, 11:24:45 AM
Quote from: jimking on June 16, 2010, 10:58:15 AM
Quote from: DCurry on June 15, 2010, 11:02:44 AMAhh, now it's becoming clear to me.

So, I'm curious - how come you don't select the template within Apogee instead? Seems like it would save you a step and the only thing you'd use Preps for is to create the template. I'm still a newbie to Apogee so maybe I'm missing something.

That's what we are doing. Create the PJTF template, name it, save it and grab it through Apogee. So far it seems to work ok and we do have preps 5.3.3. We are slow now and have not output anything for press through apogee using our new Acenta CTP except test plates done by the tech only. So, all I've been doing is making templates, throwing old jobs into the template, hit the thumbs up and listen for the beep beep and hit cancel just to get the swing of it----   :death:

I think what Dan is saying is that you don't need to use Preps at all. From Apogee select the template and assign the pages to it...just like Prinergy from the sound of it.
Yes that is correct but I have to make the template first so that it'll show up in the PJTF template folder to be chosen over and over. I don't see any that were pre-made or stock temps unless they were removed by the previous owners.
DCurry, your pic looks the same but my version is way older like 5-6 years older.