Ink consumption in Epson SureColor SC-P5000 using Fiery XF 7

Started by metlife, March 05, 2024, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metlife

Hello ^-^
Does anyone of you know if it is possible to obtain information in Fiery XF 7 about how much of each ink was used when printing a given job on the Epson SureColor SC-P5000 printer? I'm trying to find any information about this on google, but to no avail. I have found calculators to check color coverage, but I can pull this information using Enfocus Pitstop or directly from ArtPro. This won't tell me much anyway, because at work we have colors that are reproduced by the printer, so such color coverage will not be of much use. I will be very grateful for any help from you.

DigiCorn

Are you looking for the actual ink consumption used by the Epson, or are you taking about saturation/ink density in the artwork? Most modern RIPs allow you to drag an eyedropper over the RIP'd image to check for ink density, but if you are talking about Epson ink consumption, that's a different animal. In my experience, any build of color around 280%-300% and up ink density on a color build is a no-no.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: metlife on March 05, 2024, 03:19:49 PMHello ^-^
Does anyone of you know if it is possible to obtain information in Fiery XF 7 about how much of each ink was used when printing a given job on the Epson SureColor SC-P5000 printer? I'm trying to find any information about this on google, but to no avail. I have found calculators to check color coverage, but I can pull this information using Enfocus Pitstop or directly from ArtPro. This won't tell me much anyway, because at work we have colors that are reproduced by the printer, so such color coverage will not be of much use. I will be very grateful for any help from you.

Nope, we have a SC6000 that is not used a whole lot but i know the ink gets too old and expires before we use it all up. Probably no help whatsoever but just saying is all.

DigiCorn

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on March 05, 2024, 04:33:30 PM
Quote from: metlife on March 05, 2024, 03:19:49 PMHello ^-^

Nope, we have a SC6000 that is not used a whole lot but i know the ink gets too old and expires before we use it all up. Probably no help whatsoever but just saying is all.
Thanks for your input. 

I apologize. He's Canadian, and they're known for being polite.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

metlife

Quote from: DigiCorn on March 05, 2024, 03:28:24 PMAre you looking for the actual ink consumption used by the Epson, or are you taking about saturation/ink density in the artwork? Most modern RIPs allow you to drag an eyedropper over the RIP'd image to check for ink density, but if you are talking about Epson ink consumption, that's a different animal. In my experience, any build of color around 280%-300% and up ink density on a color build is a no-no.
I'm looking for the actual ink consumption used by the Epson. Is there any information of how much of each ink in the Epson printer was used to print the work that I uploaded to RIP Fiery XF? I need to prepare Excel file that will estimate printing costs.

born2print

If that data just isn't available, could you fudge it more generally... like per "page" or per sheet?
Like when workflows are measured... of course we all know not all pages are created equal but it's still a useful metric.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

DigiCorn

I want to say when it was EFIColor, you could see tank percentage, but I don't remember how. Not sure if that feature migrated to FieryXF.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

metlife

Quote from: born2print on March 06, 2024, 11:19:13 AMIf that data just isn't available, could you fudge it more generally... like per "page" or per sheet?
Like when workflows are measured... of course we all know not all pages are created equal but it's still a useful metric.

I'm more interested in getting information about the ink consumption for each print, as this will be more accurate than specifying costs per page size

metlife

Quote from: DigiCorn on March 06, 2024, 03:43:46 PMI want to say when it was EFIColor, you could see tank percentage, but I don't remember how. Not sure if that feature migrated to FieryXF.

I'll check if it's still available and let you know

pspdfppdfxhd

I thought i had posted this, but obviously not, but can't you type in the ip address of the epson in a browser and pickup a detailed analysis of jobs? That's if your Epson is hooked up by ip.

scottrsimons

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on March 06, 2024, 05:46:05 PMI thought i had posted this, but obviously not, but can't you type in the ip address of the epson in a browser and pickup a detailed analysis of jobs? That's if your Epson is hooked up by ip.
This is very intriguing to me. We have multiple Epsons. All hooked up by IP, but I've never seen anything on the printers web interface that would lead me to believe that they have a reporting feature.

Tell us more of great one.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

metlife

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on March 06, 2024, 05:46:05 PMI thought i had posted this, but obviously not, but can't you type in the ip address of the epson in a browser and pickup a detailed analysis of jobs? That's if your Epson is hooked up by ip.
I didn't think about it. I will try to do it and get back to you. Sorry for the delay in responding, I assume time zones are to blame. I'm from Poland :)

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: scottrsimons on March 07, 2024, 07:02:37 AM
This is very intriguing to me. We have multiple Epsons. All hooked up by IP, but I've never seen anything on the printers web interface that would lead me to believe that they have a reporting feature.

Tell us more of great one.

Not sure if its a great idea but it takes you into some sort of interface that give some sort of data for some sort of purpose. Sorry, but i have never had to find a solution to the dilemma you face.