Universal Color Darkening

Started by Halftone, November 19, 2007, 12:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halftone

Ok, I have an Illustrator CS2 file that has a large number of bitmap links. They are all different percentages and defined spot color. The customer asked if we could darken them all a certain amount. Is there a way to do that with a universal command or do I need to select each graphic individually and increase each a certain percentage?

Thanks for your time in advance.
Sailing is a way of life, the only life.

David

not sure, but I don't think you can do that in CS2.

You can do something like this in CS3.
It's one of the new features called "Live Color", which lets you darken or lighten groups of colors as well as some other tricks.

here is the demo on the Adobe site:

http://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator/features/

sorry, no help for you with CS2,

David
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Halftone

That looks pretty slick but yea, I'm out of luck with CS2. I changed them all manually. It wasn't quite as bad as I had expected. Thanks for the input.
Sailing is a way of life, the only life.

David

I'm stuck with CS2 at home for the time being while I have CS3 at work.

After playing with CS3 at work, I can tell you the difference is night and day between the two.

cheers and good luck,
David
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

G_Town

Wow, an upgrade that incorporates new features you might actually use.

8)

beermonster

well you can select "same fill colour" to select all elements with that fill colour and then change the numbers - and with them all selected it will do them all - but it's one fill colour at a time if that helps in the future

also - if you have something filled with a colour from the colour pallette - double click that colour in the colour pallette and it brings up another box with the name and colour values - you could try adjusting the numbers and see how that affects the artwork
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world