Preps 6 bleed defaults - How to "Fix" so it works like Preps 5

Started by t-pat, May 10, 2011, 11:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t-pat

Started a new topic so ppl could find it - re my post in another topic where we have a nested (overlapping pages) layout and whatever edges overlapped would set the bleed to 0 automagically, thereby ruining the layout.

"We've added an option to Preps 6.1.1. allows you to revert page bleed handling to behave similar as in Preps 5.3.3 and earlier through the profile setting -AUTOBLEED:NO. Have you adjusted Preps Profiles in the past? Preps Profiles are located on your local Mac/PC client within the Preps Application folder.

Browse to your Preps Applications Folder > Profiles and then open the Default profile (ie: Default.cfg) within a Text Editor. Scroll down to -AUTOBLEED: and adjust YES to NO. Save the profile and start Preps. "

I added:
If you have saved a custom preferences file (xxx.cfg) the line -AUTOBLEED:YES will not be in there, just add it and make it -AUTOBLEED:NO.
Works great.

vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

frailer

Quote from: tpatterson on May 10, 2011, 11:59:21 AMI added:
If you have saved a custom preferences file (xxx.cfg) the line -AUTOBLEED YES will not be in there, just add it and make it -AUTOBLEED NO.
Works great.

Just in case someone does do this, tp... there are colons in between there, correct?   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

t-pat

vdp donkey

t-pat

This "fix" apparently breaks Preps ability to reduce bleed when you have gutters that are less than twice the standard bleed. Can simply type in smaller bleed amount for the pages and it fixes the fix that breaks the thing, but jeez.
Stay tuned
vdp donkey

Farabomb

A "fix" that breaks something else in a Kodak product? Unfathomable.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

t-pat

really trying to not have 2 or more config files for different scenarios
vdp donkey