Multiple PDL's error message, rip crash

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, October 11, 2011, 07:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

the optimizing option didn't seem to help.

Joe

Not surprised but I thought it was worth a shot.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Just for giggles I ran the flat through Prinergy including 2400 dpi one-bit tiffs for plates. No errors anywhere.

frailer

Just wondering, Joe, whether it might be worth a try for pspdf to fire all barrels on that one. maybe it can't handle the Flattening. Has worked for me on occasions.   :undecided:

Adjusted for compression~off.  :cheesy:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

pspdfppdfxhd

There has been a few folks on here rippin this file and coming out ok. Weird. Could it be that we don't have enough horsepower (memory, etc.) on this computer that's hosting the rip to process this file? I dont' know, it's been years since I've seen a strange one like this, and i've seen a lot of strange ones...

Joe

Was that version created in CS5.5? It could be that your RIP just isn't updated for the latest and greatest new features from Adobe.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on October 11, 2011, 11:09:23 AM
Quote from: david on October 11, 2011, 10:02:05 AM
Quote from: pspdfppdfx on October 11, 2011, 08:31:23 AMNo, Indesign 5 and like I said, it went ok through the color burst software for proofing, checked the jpegs no weird compression or anything. The background Illustrator file was used on all 8 pages. The only thing I found weird was all the Illustrating being done right in Indesign. But it was done on all the pages.

they probably embedded the Illustrator files in Indesign...  not a good thing, you lose the ability to keep a common file for editing purposes.
Do you have the Original Illustrator file?
Can you place that back into Indesign (as a link, not embedded) and see if it will RIP by itself?

i just assumed the graphic was made in InDesign, forgot about the copy and paste from Illustrator, that's probobly what they did.
There were no links for these graphics, only the background and a few other logos, etc.

I could copy and paste the graphic in Illustrator then delete it In InDesign and relink and try again.....

Did this and it worked, did illustrator sort of "normalize" the graphic? I'm not sure???

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on October 11, 2011, 05:16:52 PMWas that version created in CS5.5? It could be that your RIP just isn't updated for the latest and greatest new features from Adobe.

it was created and output through version 5. Just checked the computer specs (came with the ctp) and the rip is version 8.0 (2007) and it only has 1.93GB of ram running windows XP.

Maybe you're right Joe, we might need an upgrade in more than one area. We'll talk to the OEM, that's basically what the Harlequin online forum support guy said.