The application "NexusEdit" could not be launched because of a shared library er

Started by mlux, November 09, 2011, 10:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlux

Hey guys,

Trying to install Nexus Edit 8.0 Rev 7 on a Mac OS 10.4.11.  We are getting the following error after installing the program and launching it.

The application "NexusEdit" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "-<NexusEdit><NexusEdit><StuffItEngineSD...

Not sure what we can do about it... Any thoughts?

G_Town

Quote from: mlux on November 09, 2011, 10:37:50 AMHey guys,

Trying to install Nexus Edit 8.0 Rev 7 on a Mac OS 10.4.11.  We are getting the following error after installing the program and launching it.

The application "NexusEdit" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "-<NexusEdit><NexusEdit><StuffItEngineSD...

Not sure what we can do about it... Any thoughts?

That's a new one...any reason you are still on 8.0??

Run applejack? Delete the stuffit library in your system folder?

mlux

The reason we are on 8.0 is because we do not have any support left and hardly ever need Artworks.

I did run applejack, and i didnt have a StuffIt Library to delete in my Systems folder.

I tried to install this on another machine but i get the same error.

mlux

Not sure what it was but i just logged into artworks site and created a new build of Nexus Edit and that worked.  Thanks Guys.

G_Town

Quote from: mlux on November 09, 2011, 12:14:32 PMNot sure what it was but i just logged into artworks site and created a new build of Nexus Edit and that worked.  Thanks Guys.

Corrupt build?

That's a new one too, glad you got it sorted out.

mlux

Actually everything looked good until we tried to open a file in Nexus Edit... Any file we try to open we get this error:

cannot load ScanConverter Module. i have tried a few builds now and nothing has fixed this issue... Any thoughts?  :wtf:

G_Town

Quote from: mlux on November 15, 2011, 11:22:56 AMActually everything looked good until we tried to open a file in Nexus Edit... Any file we try to open we get this error:

cannot load ScanConverter Module. i have tried a few builds now and nothing has fixed this issue... Any thoughts?  :wtf:
Are you using the software license key activation or a dongle?

mlux

A dongle.  We have the right dongle with the right batch file as well.

Ear

I'm not a Nexus user but sounds like a corrupt database for the build.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

andyfest

I thought that all dongles were gathered back in by Esko in exchange for software key activation a few years ago. Does anyone know if that just for v9x or was that true for all versions? If that is the case, it might explain why the new build is not working.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

G_Town

Quote from: andyfest on November 15, 2011, 06:24:37 PMI thought that all dongles were gathered back in by Esko in exchange for software key activation a few years ago. Does anyone know if that just for v9x or was that true for all versions? If that is the case, it might explain why the new build is not working.

Naw we just switched over to the software key in the last 6-8 months, we were previously on 8 something when I got here.

You don't have support right? If yes how are you able to d/l builds?

mlux

Joe

You keep your download rights to the last version you had support for. You just don't get the updates any longer if I remember correctly. I think I can still log in and I haven't used Nexus a for a couple of years.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

OK been a number of years since I haven't had support, ah the good old days :sarcasm:

andyfest

Quote from: mlux on November 17, 2011, 09:09:36 AMI just login to
https://download.artwork-systems.com/donglebuild/

and go through the normal steps. That is correct, we do not have support.
I wonder if it's an issue with the dongle itself - perhaps it's starting to tank. You could try calling/emailing support using that as a lead-in and just "mention" the error you've been experiencing.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro