Foaming issue in processor bottle

Started by chelios99, March 23, 2012, 01:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chelios99

In the last couple months I have been having a foaming issue with the bottle of chemical I attach to the processor. I have a Azura C85 processor for the last 2 years and have not had this problem. We run Azura TS Plates. It foams out the top of the bottle where it seals I have tried everything to keep it from doing it like a new gasket even plumbing tape still foams. I even tried drilling a tiny hole in the top of the bottle not a good idea! When I shut the unit off it would go off like a geyser lol.  I do not use any kind of detergent when cleaning the processor so it can't be that. Just wondering if anyone else out there is having the same problem and if so did you get it fixed?

DigiCorn

C95 processor here and I've seen foam, but nowhere near even close to like what you've described. Like I told someone else here, when cleaning (monthly) I flush the system with the hottest water I can get out of the tap, but I do it three-four times instead of just once. I religiously remove the filter and make sure it's clean every month also. Our chemistry is Agfa TS Gum Wash (20 Litre cube). I don't/can't seal the single tube that goes into the gum; it just sits there kind of loose. I never shut the unit off. Ever. It runs 24/7 in Ready mode. Shutting it off would require wiping down all the rollers daily, as they harden when not in Ready mode; In Ready mode, the system flushes a small, recycled amount of chemistry through every so often and keeps the brushes and rollers cleaner.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway