Hydraulic Guillotine Paper Cutter

Started by Skryber, March 08, 2012, 09:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t-pat

like as in the blade can move on it's own and chop your hand off. I'll ask him for more details if you like, he knows exactly why.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Farabomb

Quote from: delooch on March 15, 2012, 01:17:23 PM
Quote from: t-pat on March 15, 2012, 12:07:34 PMoh and I remember this because he and I had one - DO NOT get a Triumph electric, they're dangerous as hell.

dangerous? please elaborate. Mine just likes to jam the paper clamp against the lift and not release.  requires a service call to un-stick it. usually happens when theres some quick-rush emergency.

Yea, our polar will do that but I think it's more operator error. Takes 3 people to manually turn that bitch to get her to release. Almost punched the cutter operator when he tried to blame me because I didn't give enough gutter and it flew up and tripped the sensor. He just got done cutting 4 skids on a another job with the same gutter.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

Quote from: Farabomb on March 15, 2012, 01:53:12 PM
Quote from: delooch on March 15, 2012, 01:17:23 PM
Quote from: t-pat on March 15, 2012, 12:07:34 PMoh and I remember this because he and I had one - DO NOT get a Triumph electric, they're dangerous as hell.

dangerous? please elaborate. Mine just likes to jam the paper clamp against the lift and not release.  requires a service call to un-stick it. usually happens when theres some quick-rush emergency.

Yea, our polar will do that but I think it's more operator error. Takes 3 people to manually turn that bitch to get her to release. Almost punched the cutter operator when he tried to blame me because I didn't give enough gutter and it flew up and tripped the sensor. He just got done cutting 4 skids on a another job with the same gutter.

Thuch a thavage, violent young man.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

When the cutter operator always has an issue and throws anyone near him under the bus, you get a little punchy.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

Never said you weren't justified... just making an observation.  :popcorn:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

Sorry, just got out of a discussion with the boss where instead of listening to me would rather just say you're wrong and that's the end of it. Well, I don't play that when I feel that I am totally right.

Yes, my panties are chafing a little.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

t-pat

Quote from: Farabomb on March 15, 2012, 02:08:39 PMSorry, just got out of a discussion with the boss where instead of listening to me would rather just say you're wrong and that's the end of it. Well, I don't play that when I feel that I am totally right.

Yes, my panties are chafing a little.

I've been having the same conversation. It never ends well.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Ear

Never. Sometimes I think I need a heavy bag in the plate room. I have one in the garage at home... when wife and I have a fight, I go out and beat the shit out of the punching bag. Also reminds people around you what might happen if they became the bag.  :evil: