Preps 5 to 6 inevitable - tips?

Started by DCurry, December 17, 2013, 07:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: Syphon on January 15, 2015, 09:12:13 PMFINALLY, started going through the Preps 6 videos and reading the manual this afternoon!
Took months for management to give some time.
They waited until our backs are against the wall and it had to be done now since we are planning to update OS and CC applications.

Just wondering how much time others spent on Preps 6 training.
I told them it should take a couple of days and I am planning to open the Preps 6 app tomorrow and try some test files I created.

Well I always do things a little backwards. I start with the hands on stuff and revert to the training/instructions when the need arises. I'm a man. I never read instructions first!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Syphon

Quote from: Joe on January 15, 2015, 09:47:30 PM
Quote from: Syphon on January 15, 2015, 09:12:13 PMFINALLY, started going through the Preps 6 videos and reading the manual this afternoon!
Took months for management to give some time.
They waited until our backs are against the wall and it had to be done now since we are planning to update OS and CC applications.

Just wondering how much time others spent on Preps 6 training.
I told them it should take a couple of days and I am planning to open the Preps 6 app tomorrow and try some test files I created.

Well I always do things a little backwards. I start with the hands on stuff and revert to the training/instructions when the need arises. I'm a man. I never read instructions first!

Well I am trying to keep from screwing things up as management doesn't give us time enough to cough or breathe.
Don't have time to fix or undo any mistakes around here as we seem to always be behind or late on something or not getting enough stuff done.
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

Syphon

Well, I might be getting this Preps 6 crap after spending an hour on the phone with Kodak.
Had some problems with it like it wasn't setup right when they dialed in and installed it months ago.

Of course, management thinks I should know EVERYTHING about Preps 6 after fours hours of training.
I keep telling them this is going to take time, it's like a whole new program.
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

David

just pushing buttons...

it's that easy.    :sarcasm:

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca