Simple Imposition dude

Started by K3NS4N, August 11, 2015, 11:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

I've tried explaining to customers why it is cheaper to run their magazine on our presses if they either print 56 or 64 pages which are both 2 press runs. (32 + 24 = 56) or (32 + 32 = 64) but they will repeatedly try to sneak in a 60 pager that is 3 press runs (24 + 24 + 12). All are divisible by 4. As a courtesy we always try to explain that they will save about $3K - $5K if they either add or subtract 4 pages. They are always upset until you explain the dollar figures to them. Then next issue same thing. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

Right! FFS! We try to tell them that too. A half web costs as much, if not more than a full web... same amount of plates, make ready, etc... the only difference is the size of the paper roll, which is a marginal savings. Not to mention, it takes longer to print the dinky because the press crew has to shut off half of the ink and there are inherent problems with running skinny rolls of paper. Bindery hates half webs too.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Tracy

I remember dinky from my Newspaper days, been awhile tho

Joe

Quote from: Ear on August 18, 2015, 11:52:04 AMRight! FFS! We try to tell them that too. A half web costs as much, if not more than a full web... same amount of plates, make ready, etc... the only difference is the size of the paper roll, which is a marginal savings. Not to mention, it takes longer to print the dinky because the press crew has to shut off half of the ink and there are inherent problems with running skinny rolls of paper. Bindery hates half webs too.

We do 1/2, 2/3, and 3/4 dinkys. Which is always a treat when imposing. :strangle:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Grimace

Quote from: K3NS4N on August 11, 2015, 11:22:57 PMHi everby, Im noob using this navigator's plugin.

I wonder if is possible impose 2  files, head to head or foot to foot.

You may get the result you want by rotating the files 90 degrees prior to bringing into the imposition program.
Not the best way, but completely doable.