Xerox, Fujifilm announce merger

Started by Joe, January 31, 2018, 03:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Xerox, Fujifilm announce merger

QuoteThe combined company will be called "Fuji Xerox" and have dual headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, and in Tokyo. It will use the Xerox brand in most nations and the Fuji Xerox brand in Asia and Australia.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

andyfest

Whoa. That's going to be interesting going forward...
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

ninjaPB_43

I don't really think we'll notice much of difference... They've already been working together for a long time...

www.piworld.com

"The $6.1 billion acquisition will combine Xerox with the existing, 56-year joint venture (called Fuji Xerox) between the two companies that primarily serves the Asia-Pacific region, of which Fuji owned a majority 75% stake."

Sounds like to me they're just shuffling money and shareholder control around.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Possum

In the story I read, it said 10,000 jobs in Asia would be cut. Somebody's hurting. Musta been a lot of duplication between the two companies.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DCurry

Quote from: Possum on February 01, 2018, 08:32:13 AMMusta been a lot of duplication between the two companies.

Hah - "duplication." That's their very business! Get it?
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

andyfest

Quote from: DCurry on February 01, 2018, 11:24:30 AM
Quote from: Possum on February 01, 2018, 08:32:13 AMMusta been a lot of duplication between the two companies.

Hah - "duplication." That's their very business! Get it?
:ohno:
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job