Split 10up BC template from Word to Separate Pages

Started by AaronH, May 21, 2019, 10:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abc

Here you go. This seems to work on the 2 pages you sent.
How it works, basically duplicate the first page 9 times, so you have 10 pages. Then crop each page to each individual card.
Do the same for the backup.
Then re-order the pages so they are in the correct order.

I would suggest splitting the original large document into various 2page documents and then running the Action List on each.

You could of course modify the Action List to work with the complete document, but that would take a long time and be prone to error.

Let me know how you get on.

AaronH

Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

AlanV

ABC,

When we run your action on different computers we get different results. The only difference we notice is that one has FusionPro installed on it.

Alan

abc

I forgot to mention this only works in PitStop 2019.
I can't think of any reason there could be a difference. What are the differences?

AlanV

On 1 computer I get the correct results 20 4.3" x 2.79" pages. On the other I get 20 pages the first is 4.3" x 2.79" the rest are 8.5" x 11", some are blank and some have the cards stepped out on it. We just upgraded all of our computers to Pitstop 2019.

abc

Can you check if they are both set to run on the complete document?

AlanV

Thank you.

That is exactly what the problem was!!!

I have another question though, is there a way to run it if you don't how many pages there are? Currently we use Switch with a similar action to split the file into single pages and then run each of those pages through the action and then recombine all of them back into one file. So I guess I am looking for a repeat.

Alan

abc

I'm not a Switch expert, but this could be an approach
Switch will know the page count of the job via it's metadata, so you could split a file in multiple two pagers, then run the action on each and split the pages into single cards.

If you need to re-combine them back into one, Switch can calculate the total number of cards x 10 (per page), that total could be used in the hold job to wait for all the cards, then recombine them.

If it's not exactly 10 on the last page, you could use PitStop to identify the empty pages (in the trim box) and remove them.

Make sense?