outlining a stroke?

Started by delooch, May 22, 2019, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

can you outline a stroke in indesign?  or am i still stuck copy/pasting the object from illustrator?

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

delooch

i thought that was one of those methods i should be ashamed of but it seems its the only way.

DCurry

You could duplicate the object with 0,0 offsets and apply a fatter stroke to the one in back so it peeks out.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

DigiCorn

Quote from: delooch on May 22, 2019, 10:04:51 AM
i thought that was one of those methods i should be ashamed of but it seems its the only way.
I do it all the time that way
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

delooch

i had to create a map of a campsite and using the pen tool was the easiest way to draw all of the roads and paths. The roads look great as they are solid, but they want the paths just to have an outline.

Its easy enough in illustrator, i just figured this feature should be in inDesign by now and i just didnt see it.

Joe

You can do something like this in InDesign. The type of stroke is called thin - thin.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

delooch

Quote from: Joe on May 22, 2019, 10:51:41 AM
You can do something like this in InDesign. The type of stroke is called thin - thin.

Joe id buy you a beer if you were closer, that does exactly what i need it to do.

Possum

You could UPS the beer and hope it doesn't get kicked around too much.  :lmao:
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.