Who uses Dynastrip?

Started by Angstboy, October 06, 2007, 02:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angstboy

Is Duck and I the only poor souls using this? :(

Joe

Quote from: Angstboy on October 06, 2007, 02:09:50 PMIs Duck and I the only poor souls using this? :(

I've tried it a couple of times. Never could get a good grasp of all those files it creates.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

QuoteNever could get a good grasp of all those files it creates

Glad you said that, joe. WTF? PREPS' index files look pretty unobtrusive in comparison. We got Dyna bundled with our Fuji system. Haven't really used it. PREPS remains mainstay. but really should get on top of it as an alternative. Is there anything in particular you're supposed to DO with those files. My first instinct is to collect 'em in a folder so I don't have to look at them. But they must be performing some role.
Any enlightenment on this would be of interest, any Dyna-heads! ???
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Santa

Been using Dyna for 3 years now.  I'd say it's ok at best.  My favorite is that saved layouts tend to disapear after saving them.
If the God's are smiling they end up in a rescued file.  If not we rebuild.  I never found their tech support overly helpful and found their tech web site not really user helpful either.

End of the day I don't hate it but it could be a whole lot better. 

Angstboy

Quote from: Santa on October 08, 2007, 05:49:02 AMBeen using Dyna for 3 years now.  I'd say it's ok at best.  My favorite is that saved layouts tend to disapear after saving them.

Yeah isn't that fun? Nice Monday surprise.

When it does feel like behaving I can fly in it.

bluekivi

I used it for years in the last shop I worked for.  Loved it for ganging jobs.  I hate all the math required for Preps but I'm getting used to it.  Lucky I took machine shop in school, still have the decimal equivalents of common fractions in the old memory banks.

duck

We create a "Layout" folder for all the extra files Dynastrip creates so they're not loose all over the job folder.
I don't know what they all are, but you'd think with all that extra crap, it would remember the print size and destination for that particular job. I still find myself printing to wrong sizes and into whatever the last job folder was fairly often.

BTW Angst, my co-worker  Michael upgraded his system to 10.4 and started having a ton of the flaky errors we talked about.  We've upgraded to version 5 which seems to be a little more stable. I'll keep ya updated.
For those who bend over and take it hard daily
to ensure that the client's half-assed problem files
get fixed, processed, printed and sent out
so it can make it to the end user's trash can
on time and with no errors.

Santa

Hi here you Duck.  After we went to 10.4 all hell broke loose.  Know the "rescued Jobs Folder" is my best friend.  Gonna take a look at 5 today.  I believe its a $$$ upgrade. >:(

Joe

Quote from: duck on October 16, 2007, 03:03:06 PMWe create a "Layout" folder for all the extra files Dynastrip creates so they're not loose all over the job folder.
I don't know what they all are, but you'd think with all that extra crap, it would remember the print size and destination for that particular job. I still find myself printing to wrong sizes and into whatever the last job folder was fairly often.

BTW Angst, my co-worker  Michael upgraded his system to 10.4 and started having a ton of the flaky errors we talked about.  We've upgraded to version 5 which seems to be a little more stable. I'll keep ya updated.

I don't have anything to add about Dynastrip but I just wanted to say that's one of the funniest avatars I've ever seen. Good work there.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.