"1-off" foiling..

Started by delooch, February 25, 2009, 02:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

Yesterday i was cleaning out some old file cabinets and came across a pack of "color maze" from AdMaze Technologies. 

You basically do a black laser print of what you want foiled, attach the provided foil sheet to the area (it comes in 20 foil colors), then run it through the laser device again, and you have foil! It only adheres to areas that have toner.

Its a bit corny, but gives you a real foil application on a 1-off run!

Skryber

I saw those at the print show this year. Pretty nifty. The image they were using for foil was some sort of stained glass image for a church. They also used white foil on black paper. It was a sphinx head (in white), looked awesome. The one I was looking at was small. Probably 12" x 18" would be the biggest you could fit through. I'd love to have one around, for my own personal use of course :).
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

delooch

yeah, i couldnt see making more than 5-10 of these. its a really 'by hand' process. neat though.

Skryber

So, you guys have one? Or just the material? I should see how much they run? Do you know?
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Tracy

sounds cool! id like to try that.

delooch

Quote from: Skryber on February 25, 2009, 03:04:05 PMSo, you guys have one? Or just the material? I should see how much they run? Do you know?

Heres the URL for the "website" (youll see why i have it in quotes)

http://www.admaze.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=4&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch

$20 bucks a pack, 20 sheets.

Skryber

Quote from: delooch on February 25, 2009, 04:28:59 PM
Quote from: Skryber on February 25, 2009, 03:04:05 PMSo, you guys have one? Or just the material? I should see how much they run? Do you know?

Heres the URL for the "website" (youll see why i have it in quotes)

http://www.admaze.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=4&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch

$20 bucks a pack, 20 sheets.
Wow, that website way too fancy. I wonder if they hired Pixar to create it.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Hey! A lot of effort went into that!
Member #285 - Civilian

Skryber

Lies! DCS, if you created that, there would be at least one dancing Jesus and some rainbows. Maybe a unicorn farting sparkles. I will give you no credit for that masterpiece.  :laugh:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Skryber on February 25, 2009, 05:06:08 PMLies! DCS, if you created that, there would be at least one dancing Jesus and some rainbows. Maybe a unicorn farting sparkles. I will give you no credit for that masterpiece.  :laugh:

You take my words in err.... I could NEVER build that Glorious Masterpiece. I feel one with God after gazing just a peek at that Angelic Contrivance! In the words of René Belloq... "It's BEAUTIFUL!"
Member #285 - Civilian

Skryber

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on February 25, 2009, 05:28:47 PM
Quote from: Skryber on February 25, 2009, 05:06:08 PMLies! DCS, if you created that, there would be at least one dancing Jesus and some rainbows. Maybe a unicorn farting sparkles. I will give you no credit for that masterpiece.  :laugh:

You take my words in err.... I could NEVER build that Glorious Masterpiece. I feel one with God after gazing just a peek at that Angelic Contrivance! In the words of René Belloq... "It's BEAUTIFUL!"
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

youston

Oh, FFS people, KEEP UP!!

Unicorns. Fart. Skittles.

I don't want to have to tell you again.

Tracy

youston

Tracy