CS6 Released today

Started by Grimace, April 23, 2012, 09:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

I wonder if anyone has clocked the upgrade timeline. I bet they have it set to something like 0.8 x the length of the previous upgrade. It's geometric, not linear.   :angry:  I try hard not to harbour malign feelings towards Adobe, but it's becoming harder.  And that's not including the outa phase Acrobat releases that Joe mentions. GRRR!
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Slappy

I was looking at the pricing structure for their "cloud" subscription option (makes me throw up a little more every time I hear that term) and it's actually cheaper for somebody using single licenses, especially given the shorter release time between each version. For shops that have to carry multiple licenses for workstations though, boned.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

I just watched one of their videos about the "Cloud". User can use the apps from any device, PC's, Macs, tablets, phones...any device with web access. So it is bring the reality of us getting jobs that were created from designers phones. :death:

You can get the whole Master Collection for $49 per month ($588 per year). That's not a bad deal if you are one that uses it a lot. Cheaper than trying to keep up with their 12-18 month release cycle.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Grimace

I can't wait until I get a Indy file that won't open in 5.5

The only reason we "upgraded" to CS5.5 was because of version to version incompatibility.

Farabomb

I posted in another thread. Adobe is now going to a yearly cycle. "Major" releases (6,7,8) every 2 years and 6.5,7.5,ect. every year between them. So expect to shell out money every year to keep current.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Think my boss is on a 28 minute cycle.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

youston

Quote from: Joe on April 24, 2012, 10:34:07 PMSo it is bring the reality of us getting jobs that were created from designers phones. :death:

You know, I try to cut you some slack, due to you being the keeper of the keys and flipper of the lightswitches here, but you've colored WAY outside the lines here.  :police:

Farabomb

That wasn't Joe, it was the Chinese hacker that posted that one.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

It did sound a little like a Chinese person that doesn't quite grasp the language yet. I think Farabomb is right.

gnubler

It reads like Neue Amerikan.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

I can just see somebody subscribing to the Cloud, then Apple will make some big change in their OS or hardware again, and the next Adobe upgrade will only work with the new stuff. So it will be get new computers or el-tough-o. Either that or scramble for CS DVDs on Amazon before the older version is gone. What joy.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

I would also like to know what happens if you lose your internet connection. You can't use CS6?

Possum

I've already seen complaints on the Adobe forums on that subject. They way they have trouble with their activation servers, I can imagine what the Cloud would be like.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.