4c to PMS Conversions aren't 100%

Started by Slappy, January 14, 2015, 11:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Maybe I'm doing this all wrong, entirely likely.

When I get a PDF with vector objects in 4c that I need as Spots, I use the Select Similar to grab 'em all, then switch to the white Pitstop Direct Select Tool (Select Object) then in the Inspector palette, the Actions dropdown near the top right to Convert to Spot Color (Using Preferences) option. Even when that's set to use 100% of the PMS indicated, I always get a percentage of the PMS, which I can easily make 100% since everything is still selected, but why's it do that??

Screenies below.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

It might be that the spot doesn't exactly equal those 4 color values so it is adjusting. But I'm wondering why you don't use Global Change?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

Might have something to do with whether or not Pitstop Color Management is turned on. Try turning it off (or on if it's off now) and see what happens.

I use the Change Specific Color global for this kind of thing.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

mattbeals

I use remap by selecting a color range.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Slappy

Quote from: DCurry on January 14, 2015, 11:46:28 AMMight have something to do with whether or not Pitstop Color Management is turned on. Try turning it off (or on if it's off now) and see what happens.
Yep, switched the Prefs to "Color Management switched off" and it behaves as expected!  :banana:

For the record, a Global Change works regardless of Color Management setup too.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

abc

'Conversion' is based on your color management settings.

'Map' is a direct map to where you want to go

Turning the color management off was a workaround before we had mapping