Viewing Booth & Light Table

Started by Lammy, November 17, 2012, 01:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lammy

Looking for a free standing viewing booth at least 30" wide. Also a light table with both horizontal and vertical straight edges on it.
Lammy ~ Everyone says a monkey can do it, but no one ever asks the monkey!

72+ cases - wood & metal type & sorts • LInotype Model 31 • Hohner B tabletop • Golding #7 Jobber • ATF Little Giant • Heidelberg S Cylinder

Slappy

Keep tabs on local shop closing auctions maybe? I badly wanted the light table from my place that closed, it had a really nice horizontal straightedge on a track and the glass was in perfect shape.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

gnubler

Slappy, I took home 2 from my shop and used them as grow lights for chile peppers (seriously). Sadly I sold one at my yard sale last summer, someone scored it for $5. You should check CL and see if any pop up.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Slappy

Interesting, I heard a reliable rumor this weekend that the craphole company that put us out this Summer are abandoning the building I was in at the end of this year, so I'm going to see if there's a fire sale on anything that's left still. Or - dumpster diving time!!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Grimace

Quote from: Slappy on November 19, 2012, 12:23:27 AMInteresting, I heard a reliable rumor this weekend that the craphole company that put us out this Summer are abandoning the building I was in at the end of this year, so I'm going to see if there's a fire sale on anything that's left still. Or - dumpster diving time!!

That sounds similar to my last job. They had top notch stuff just sitting for 6-8 months prior to finally shutting down. I kept asking if I could BUY some of the drafting tables and light tables, and the answer was "no way, these are assets to the company". I went by a couple weeks after ward and saw that someone had just tossed 4 light tables into the dumpster and broke the crap out of them, I did score a 5ft tall 12 drawer tool cabinet that was left on the side of the dumpster. Weighs about 800 lbs and so stout I can stand in the drawer if I wanted.

Definitely check out those closed shops for that kind of stuff. The mouth breathers that are left to "clean up" don't know the value of anything.

Skryber

Slappy, what is your location? I'll text my old boss. We had a light table that survived the fire because it was upstairs and I know it works. I'll see if he still has it. If he does, it's somewhere around Hammond, IN.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Skryber

The glass may not be perfect but I bet he'd let it go for a steal if he still has it.

No built in straight edges though.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Slappy

Quote from: Skryber on November 19, 2012, 11:44:51 AMSlappy, what is your location? I'll text my old boss. We had a light table that survived the fire because it was upstairs and I know it works. I'll see if he still has it. If he does, it's somewhere around Hammond, IN.
Lammy is the one looking, I only have pipe dreams of replacing the crappy ones at the new place with those from my previous shop. It will never go over, so I doubt I'll even bother trying to score anything if it's still there. Thanks though!

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Skryber

Quote from: Slappy on November 19, 2012, 02:57:24 PM
Quote from: Skryber on November 19, 2012, 11:44:51 AMSlappy, what is your location? I'll text my old boss. We had a light table that survived the fire because it was upstairs and I know it works. I'll see if he still has it. If he does, it's somewhere around Hammond, IN.
Lammy is the one looking, I only have pipe dreams of replacing the crappy ones at the new place with those from my previous shop. It will never go over, so I doubt I'll even bother trying to score anything if it's still there. Thanks though!

Hahaha! Apologies. Lammy! Actually, the light table is being "held" and we can't get to it so no go.

Slappy

Quote from: gnubler on November 19, 2012, 03:00:59 PMSlappy, Lammy, same diff. :laugh:
Yeah, all of us people look the same to you, don't we?!?

gnubler