News:

Main Menu

Visual FoxPro

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, January 28, 2022, 10:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Weird question here but....

Does anyone know how we can get a copy of Visual FoxPro to download. It's an older Microsoft programming application that we need.

Joe

Man I used to have it years ago. Not sure if I still have it around here or not. I will see if I still have it in a box somewhere.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Joe

Yeah I had the boxed version with all of the manuals and the cd(s) that came with it. I have a feeling I tossed it a few years ago but I will rummage through my garage and shed to see if I might have kept it around. I don't feel good about it though.

Joe

May I ask why in the world you might need it? ;D

pspdfppdfxhd

We sourced a programmer that we need to do a freelance job for us programming data and that's what he's comfortable with.

He's good, but got out of programming a while back and never had to update to a newer system.

Joe

I know the latest version (9), and I doubt I had the latest version, will not run on anything released after Windows 7. Pretty sure I was using either Windows 98 or Windows XP. It was a long time ago.

David

QuoteVisual FoxPro is a Microsoft data-centric procedural programming language with object-oriented programming features. It was derived from FoxPro which was developed by Fox Software beginning in 1984. Wikipedia
Developer(s): Microsoft
Available in: IDE: English, German, Spanish; Runtime: Above plus French, Chinese, Russian, Czech, Korean
License: Commercial proprietary software
Platform: IA-32
Operating system: Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003
Final release: v9.0 SP2 / October 16, 2007; 14 years ago

Would anything you program in this still work in todays 2022 world? Just curious
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: David on January 28, 2022, 11:05:27 AM
QuoteVisual FoxPro is a Microsoft data-centric procedural programming language with object-oriented programming features. It was derived from FoxPro which was developed by Fox Software beginning in 1984. Wikipedia
Developer(s): Microsoft
Available in: IDE: English, German, Spanish; Runtime: Above plus French, Chinese, Russian, Czech, Korean
License: Commercial proprietary software
Platform: IA-32
Operating system: Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003
Final release: v9.0 SP2 / October 16, 2007; 14 years ago

Would anything you program in this still work in todays 2022 world? Just curious
Yeah that is why I asked "May I ask why in the world you might need it?" You can create an EXE file for databases you create in FoxPro but I doubt you can get it to run on anything after Windows 7. And only on Windows 7 if it was created from the latest version of VFP.

Joe

Maybe take a look at this as I have not found it yet.

QuoteCheck out Lianja http://www.lianja.com
It supports Visual Foxpro syntax and runs on OSX as well as Windows and Linux.
It also has a interactive console allowing you to simply enter Visual Foxpro commands without requiring you to write a program.

Foozball

Quote from: Joe on January 28, 2022, 10:26:04 AM... I will see if I still have it in a box somewhere.

In my head, I pictured Hannibal Lecter's storage locker ... is it only me??

Joe

Quote from: Foozball on January 28, 2022, 12:40:06 PM
Quote from: Joe on January 28, 2022, 10:26:04 AM... I will see if I still have it in a box somewhere.

In my head, I pictured Hannibal Lecter's storage locker ... is it only me??
:lmao:

<insert evil laugh here>

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on January 28, 2022, 10:21:32 AMWeird question here but....

Does anyone know how we can get a copy of Visual FoxPro to download. It's an older Microsoft programming application that we need.
Well I found the disk. It is Visual FoxPro 5.0 for Windows 95. The latest version was version 9.0 so this one is quite a bit older. I highly recommend you acquire a time machine to go back in time to use this.

I found it in a box in my storage shed and it has been there for several years in +100° F heat in the summers and -0° F in the winters. It is COLD out there today so I am going to let it warm up to room temperature before I try putting it in a CD drive and see if it works. If it does I will create an ISO disk image and get it to you. You can then burn the ISO Disk Image to a new CD. Or DVD.

Joe

Here is the link to the ISO file.

Visual FoxPro 5.0

Sent you a PM with the CD Key you will need to install.

Joe

Oh...you could burn that ISO to a USB thumb drive too if you don't want to burn to a CD/DVD. The ISO is only 205 mb.

ISO to USB