News:

Main Menu

Pitstop pro crop action?

Started by tuff_gong, April 28, 2011, 08:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Prepress is all about "busting out" shit.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

Quote from: Joe on April 29, 2011, 05:09:29 PMI think I might have used the "Select Similar" tool twice in my life.  :laugh:

I noticed when my part-time compadre started working here, it was about the only 'special' tool he knew.   :laugh:   Before that, I'd not bothered looking at it. I've only used it about twice since, funnily enough. I get the feeling of a potential arse-bite in it, somehow. If you checked one too many of those buttons, you may end up with an unnoticed change.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Same thought here...like "how" similar? Back slowly away from it.  :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

I use it constantly, you just have to realize how easy you can screw something up. Same with global change, real easy to change something you didn't intend to.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Rodi

Ok,

Happy New Year one and all. I know this is old, but guess what? It is not as old as my version of pitsop (7.1) at work. LOL. So it took some work, but I have a job that has multiple versions and it's done in, beautiful Canva!! Marks cant be taken off automatically (PDFToolbox and Pitstop select same/global) and it's time consuming. 28 versions this time. I got the first portion for digital printing size (6 x 11) plus bleed (6.25 x 11.25) done in short shrift. But for proofing, I could not get it done, so I did it manually. Well I had a bit of time and messed with it and got it, so next time at I should cut t a good amount of time off of pre-press time.

Thank You for the great resource!!
Gabba Gabba Hey

Joe

WOW this thread is a blast from the past.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Rodi

Gabba Gabba Hey