almaink

OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

gnubler

Thanks for that. I've been debating for months over online gallery services (like Flickr, etc) but keep putting it off. This looks pretty cool.

But why oh why do they have to write dialogue that's geared toward retards? Idiocracy 2505, here we come...
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

almaink

I presently have like 4 different free online photo services but use Quickshareit most of the time.
Never heard of Quickshareit?
http://www.quickshareit.com/
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

Joe

Quote from: almaink on March 27, 2008, 12:23:21 PMI presently have like 4 different free online photo services but use Quickshareit most of the time.
Never heard of Quickshareit?
http://www.quickshareit.com/

Nope, never heard of it. I mostly use photobucket.

http://www.photoshop.com/express is not sending me my confirming email. How long did it take?

almaink

Took a few hours to get my confirm email
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

gnubler

Well, two things so far, and I've only done the test drive:

1. This site is useless for users that have Flash & Javascript blocked
2. Popup windows when I clicked on menu items - why? Firefox automatically blocked them, and when I chose to allow popups I got an error message.

p.s. Whoever wrote all the copy is a douchebag
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

"Due to the extremely high interest in creating new Photoshop Express accounts today, you may experience a delay of 60 minutes or more in receiving your account verification email.  Thank you for your patience!"

I just signed up anyway. I'll grab the free 2 gigs while it's there...

pmhapp

Make sure you read the EULA... Adobe owns anything you upload.

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on March 27, 2008, 02:41:00 PM"Due to the extremely high interest in creating new Photoshop Express accounts today, you may experience a delay of 60 minutes or more in receiving your account verification email.  Thank you for your patience!"

I just signed up anyway. I'll grab the free 2 gigs while it's there...

Okay, it's been over 12 hours now! :angry: Still no email.

Laurens

Before you use Adobe's 2 GB, be sure to read their legal statement. This passage, which I don't really like, was posted on my favorite fotoforum:

8. Use of Your Content.
   1. Adobe does not claim ownership of Your Content. However, with respect to Your Content that you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Services, you grant Adobe a worldwide, royalty-free, nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute, derive revenue or other remuneration from, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other Materials or works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
   2. "Publicly accessible" areas of the Services are those areas of the Adobe network of properties that are intended by Adobe to be available to the general public. However, publicly accessible areas of the Services do not include Services intended for private communication or areas off the Adobe network of properties such as portions of World Wide Web sites that are accessible via hypertext or other links but are not hosted or served by Adobe.

Having fun writing about prepress & printing for my Prepressure site

frailer

Ultimately, legalese for "no free lunch". But, I reckon they're also just covering their arse against someone filing a suit against them on some obscure copyright grounds. You know, some annoying little person like you or me.   :naughty:

They've just got someone in the back office of their big-time law firm to draft it up after a long lunch. Corporate insurance, maybe. I can't see them actually taking a really great/unique image off there and then making it "famous" without consulting the person who placed it there. But, the caveat you quoted seems to imply they could. It's enough to make me not bother using it.   :whistleblower:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

I, myself, don't create too many masterpieces. I'd probably just use it for file storage for images that I post around here like dialog boxes and bikini babes. But since I'm creeping up on 24 hours with no confirmation email I guess I won't.

gnubler

So I signed up yesterday and when I got home my confirm. email was waiting for me - no delay. But then the fun started for me - their site didn't work for me, period. All I saw was a gray page. I figured a Flash update was needed, downloaded Flash 9, *almost* finished installing but I got an error message about permissions. Switched to my admin account - same error. (This is Mac 10.4.11 and FF 2). Found the "solution" to the error in the Flash knowledgebase - has to do with OSX permissions. Repaired permissions, still can't install the Flash update. Next solution is to reinstall FF. Mkay.

This is why I hate all Flash websites. All this BS for PS Express? I already filled out their feedback form.

Joe

Just to screw with Adobe I've been trying to login there all morning and it keeps telling me I haven't clicked the link in the confirming email. I've clicked the link to resend it at least 50 times today and I still get no email. Also my ISP does not use any form of junk mail filtering so it's not that they are filtering them out or anything. Just watch...in about a month I'll get these emails all at once. :shocked: