Help recreating Pattern...

Started by delooch, September 23, 2008, 02:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Links aren't working correctly.

"But can't you just Photoshop it?"
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Ear

Yeah man, like, those links are bogus man!  :death:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

jezza

The links aren't working, can you make a pattern from a selection of what's already there or from one of the channels may be?
one sick prepress mofo

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

Just looks like a pattern of very small, gold, radial gradient fills.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Ear

Okay, here's a pattern that I made real quick, running out of day here.

I made an angle gradient that went yellow, orange, yellow, orange, yellow. Did a gradient fill on a small circular marquee selection. Duplicated the filled selection a handful of times (with selection active, and 'move tool' selected, hold down Option, then click on the selection and drag, it will duplicate the selection without creating a new layer which is handy for this application) I then cropped it, defined it as a pattern and loaded the pattern for use with the pattern brush or fill.

You could spend a little more time to make it perfect but here's what I banged together. Should load as a pattern into PS.

delooch

wow, i didnt realize this posted, i lost the browser window, just gave up.. Im impressed i didnt even have to ask!

Yes, i need to recreate that gold fill.  Im not a PS expert by any means.. 

Thanks Earendil, ill give that a try.

my apologies for the sloppy post..

delooch

alright E- i think that will work, thanks!

now, how do I scale the pattern fill?

gnubler

Quote from: delooch on September 23, 2008, 05:30:16 PMalright E- i think that will work, thanks!

now, how do I scale the pattern fill?

Are you doing this through a layer style? Because you can scale the pattern in that dialog box.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

delooch

ill try it that way.. I just did the basic fill tool with the pattern selected. (CS2) - i didnt see a scale option there, Ill try the layer style...

gnubler

You can also do Layer > New Fill Layer > Pattern and scale it there. Then mask it with the shape of the layer you're filling, if needed.