Adobe equivalent... suggestions??

Started by Foozball, November 10, 2008, 12:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foozball

I'm doing a project at the moment, my first picture/photo album, have a rough layout done, just finished 4 hrs of initial Photoshop work (crop, cleaning casts, and fixing low/high colour levels) and am getting a LOT of enjoyment out of a Photoshop PLUG-IN by OnOne software called Photoframe. It seems to do good work and am thinking about shelling out the $$ to buy a copy of Ver3.1 or just register the 4.0 version that I loaded the demo of.
http://www.ononesoftware.com/detail.php?prodLine_id=10

Before I do that though, can anyone suggest an Adobe equivalent/version of this program, that makes nice/shiny/artsy looking borders?
I could probably shuffle through the collection of crap I have myself and find 3 programs that do it, but a RECOMMENDATION is always much better.

Anyone? :huh:

Joe

Mac or PC?

On the PC side Paint Shop Pro used to have a Photo Frame plug in but it's been many moons since I've used it. Not sure if it's still in there or not but at the time it was a free plug in that you could download from their web site.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Foozball

PC ... I've seen a lot of "wholesome/family type" frames (BORING!) on various Adobe apps, but they generally look like crap and despite my lack of design skills, I'm not THAT corny!  :death:

Pictures are coming along REALLY well, and are almost finito! But I need to find a way to send that photographer a case of Yuengling for Christmas :angel: before I start getting into framing the pictures! :huh: