A new one on me...

Started by determined, April 08, 2009, 10:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

determined

No, I did both, apply image (delete spot K) and copy and paste (delete spot K). It wasn't actually a corruption, where I went wrong was in deleting the CMY channels which made it automatically save as a multichannel. The other part with the viewing problem, I didn't touch the spot K channel, PS tried to put it in the K channel by itself when I saved it as a multichannel DCS file.  :huh:
Murphy must have been in printing....

determined

And here it gets even more interesting, I just went in and didn't touch the channels again and simply saved it out as a DCS2 and the K channel is fine. PS did put the spot K channel into the process K channel, but it didn't view funky or anything. Hmmm...

determined

And a multichannel psd views fine also (PS, however, does NOT put the spot K into the process K channel) so we already know this won't work in INDD

David

apparently your sig is after you...

is there a guy named murphy any where around you?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

tapdn

Never hear of the Print Shop Gremlins David?  :undecided:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

determined

Quote from: david on April 09, 2009, 12:57:10 PMapparently your sig is after you...

is there a guy named murphy any where around you?

Actually, I think Murphy INVENTED printing (that's where he got all those nifty sayings)  :laugh:

David

Quote from: tapdn on April 09, 2009, 01:03:49 PMNever hear of the Print Shop Gremlins David?  :undecided:

you mean like this?

he's just one of my mac operators...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca