Adjusting skin tone of one image to match another

Started by Lumpy, June 03, 2009, 01:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tapdn

First thing I learned on the ole drum scanner. Set gray balance!!
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Joe

Agree with gray balance and all of the other recommendations in here. I have a plug in called CoCo which I find invaluable. If you are doing a lot of color corrections it's well worth the price. You can click a color in the flesh to get your source numbers, type in your target numbers and then restrict it from going into other colors such as gray.

CoCo

Not sure of the price anymore. It used to be around $400 US. It's worth it if you do a lot of corrections though. You can try a demo at that link as well.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

We use the CoCo plug in at work and the retouchers swear by it.
It's like a retouchers god thing.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

LoganBlade

I would open curves
set my 3 eye droppers

Shadow C=75 - M=60 - Y=60 - K=85
Mid C=50 - M=40 - Y=40 - K=0
Highlight C=3 - M=1 - Y=1 - K=0

save setting

Open Threshold set darkest seletion mark using +eyedropper then set lightest and mark using =eyedropper.
delete threshold layer

Find a common area of gym outfit to find midtone.

Open Curves again
Select midtone eyedropper and click on you common gray seletion of out fit. then select Shadow dropper and selet your darkest area and then select your Highlight dropper and selet hightlight. Click ok

This helps make every things similar as possible and then you can make a few additional edits to tone up the skin.

It might not work but it helps me alot. And I am sure I didnt explain as well as it couldbe.

good luck
"dyslexics have more fnu"

gnubler

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on June 03, 2009, 02:21:31 PMUse the history palette, and don't be afraid to try new things.

When you mention the history palette, what exactly are you referring to?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Bugs

Quote from: gnubler on June 03, 2009, 10:41:28 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on June 03, 2009, 02:21:31 PMUse the history palette, and don't be afraid to try new things.

Go under window, click on history and a palette will pop up. Or wait, what ver of photoshop do you have?
Prinergy 7
Bunch of Macs
Some PCs
Advanced PH8 systems
Epsons
Among other Prepress Crap

gnubler

Quote from: Bugs on June 03, 2009, 11:20:08 PM
Quote from: gnubler on June 03, 2009, 10:41:28 PM

Go under window, click on history and a palette will pop up. Or wait, what ver of photoshop do you have?

Duh, Bugs!  :kiss: I was asking what he was looking at on the History palette. It probably has some functions I don't take advantage of.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Lumpy

Son you better watch your back when a poor man gets the blues.

LoganBlade

"dyslexics have more fnu"

G_Town

Quote from: Joe on June 03, 2009, 03:32:53 PMAgree with gray balance and all of the other recommendations in here. I have a plug in called CoCo which I find invaluable. If you are doing a lot of color corrections it's well worth the price. You can click a color in the flesh to get your source numbers, type in your target numbers and then restrict it from going into other colors such as gray.

CoCo

Not sure of the price anymore. It used to be around $400 US. It's worth it if you do a lot of corrections though. You can try a demo at that link as well.

Sounds like color correction on a prisma.

Joe

Quote from: G_Town on June 09, 2009, 09:16:32 AM
Quote from: Joe on June 03, 2009, 03:32:53 PMAgree with gray balance and all of the other recommendations in here. I have a plug in called CoCo which I find invaluable. If you are doing a lot of color corrections it's well worth the price. You can click a color in the flesh to get your source numbers, type in your target numbers and then restrict it from going into other colors such as gray.

CoCo

Sounds like color correction on a prisma.

The Hell Chromacom system had a color correction feature like this too.

G_Town

I miss it, was so easy pick the color select the range and then select the target color, this coco puff thing does that huh?

Gonna check it out.

Joe

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca