Adobe® Photoshop® CS6

Started by Joe, March 22, 2012, 10:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

been there did that...  1.8 gig 

gonna put it on my new iMac at home and give it a whirl.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

WharfRat

Just beware
sometimes Adobe makes it a real "Pain in the arse to get rid of the Beta
to install the "real" version when it comes out.
Somehow, they supply an uninstall that kills the beta and lets the upgrade to the new version continue.
I was in the Beta program for InDy 4 or 5 and it sucked going through the hoops to upgrade.
It worked tho.

MSD

Grimace

64 bit only I believe. I'm on the fence to try it out.

Farabomb

I'm going to wait for the CS 6.25 beta.

Just got an email, 6.25 is available for D/L. 
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

6.30 is now available for download...
Livin' la Vida Loca

David

oops, now  6.40 is available...
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Dammit, I got 6.30 but a designer just sent me a 6.45 file. Can anyone backsave it for me?

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on March 22, 2012, 01:13:24 PMDammit, I got 6.30 but a designer just sent me a 6.45 file. Can anyone backsave it for me?
Haven't downloaded yet. Waiting until they get it "perfect" with 6.5.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on March 22, 2012, 01:17:46 PM
Quote from: Farabomb on March 22, 2012, 01:13:24 PMDammit, I got 6.30 but a designer just sent me a 6.45 file. Can anyone backsave it for me?
Haven't downloaded yet. Waiting until they get it "perfect" with 6.5.

Your call is important to us. Please stay on the line and the next available representative will be with you shortly.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Please insert $20 to stay on the line.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

insert your credit card here...

please type in your PIN...

you may now start your program

it will expire in 20 minutes...

thankyouverymuch
Livin' la Vida Loca

WharfRat

7.   Please be aware... ON WINDOWS ONLY, by default, we install both the 64-bit AND the 32-bit application on a 64-bit OS. If you want to install ONLY the 64-bit application, uncheck the box for Adobe Photoshop CS6 below the Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64-bit) heading.
8.   Click on the Install button to finish installation. Uninstalling
To uninstall the CS6 beta from your system, please follow these steps:
Run the uninstaller from the PS directory. On Windows, it can be found in the Setup/Remove control panel as "Adobe Photoshop CS6". Please DO NOT attempt to manually delete the program. On Mac, the uninstaller is available here: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Uninstall Adobe Photoshop CS6.
9.   Follow the instructions to remove Photoshop CS6. The uninstaller should automatically deactivate your copy of Photoshop CS6.
Installer logs
If you need to locate your installer logs manually... On Win 32-bit: "Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Photoshop CS6 13.0 [Date].log.gz". On Win 64-bit: "Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Photoshop CS6 13.0 [Date].log.gz". On Mac, they are located at: "/Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/Adobe Photoshop CS6 13.0 [Date].log.gz".
PDApp.log, Amt.log and Alm.log
On Win, type "%temp%" in Run and the "%temp%" folder will open. The "PDApp.log", "amt.log" and "alm.log" should be present there.
On Mac, click the "Go" menu in the menu bar and click on "Go to Folder". Type "/tmp" here and press Enter. "PDApp.log", "amt.log" and "alm.log" should be present there.

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

Syphon

Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat