upgrade my system at least twice a day
I'm strictly plug-and-play
I ain't afraid of Y2K

I'm down with Bill Gates
I call him, "Money," for short
I phone him up at home and 
I make him do my tech support

It's all about the Pentiums, yup!...
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

AaronH

Our shop is G7 certified. We had one customer have a difficult pantone yellow that no-one could replicate, even the ink manufacturers can't make this pantone (actual pantone) the same every time. Every color book we had was different out of a batch of I think 5 brand new books at the time, none of them were the same. We had the customer come in, pick which one they liked, and made up CMYK builds and print out a sheet of different swatches we made up and got one that matched for coated and uncoated stocks. a bit of a headache, but at least their stuff looks the same across the board.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

pspdfppdfxhd

johnny_jay

Quote from: AaronH on July 26, 2023, 04:23:42 PMOur shop is G7 certified. We had one customer have a difficult pantone yellow that no-one could replicate, even the ink manufacturers can't make this pantone (actual pantone) the same every time. Every color book we had was different out of a batch of I think 5 brand new books at the time, none of them were the same. We had the customer come in, pick which one they liked, and made up CMYK builds and print out a sheet of different swatches we made up and got one that matched for coated and uncoated stocks. a bit of a headache, but at least their stuff looks the same across the board.
We did this exact same process for a company's blue color. Worked out great and they loved it.
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Funny, I was just listening to that Weird Al song yesterday. One of my faves, among a number of faves from him.
It only takes one "aw shit" to wipe out a whole bunch of "atta boys".