News:

Main Menu

Canva Pdfs

Started by Tracy, September 20, 2019, 12:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Just a heads up:
My canva pdf printed the black text as grey, Only reason I noticed it is I had to print 3 of each on different paper.
I prolly wouldn't have noticed it otherwise and got bitten!

I pdfx1a'd the file and it was fine, even before I did that I had Device Cmyk'd a new pdf as it was acting strange when I went to fix the blacks.

I will pdfx1a all canva pdfs now! I guess I will have to start checking where my pdfs are coming from every time now that Canva is getting popular.

Joe

You can probably make it print solid by changing your color management settings to off when you print (from Acrobat I assume).
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Hmm, good question I dragged into CW

I guess I could just check all my proofs carefully when I get Canva.

I should be checking all my proofs carefully but sometimes I get going to fast!

Joe

Might be able to change CM in CW and make it print solid black. Or just do it the way you are doing it.  :rotf:

Tracy

It was a very light grey, I mean super light prolly the only way I noticed it.
I blame canva :laugh:

Joe

The color management thing will turn 100% black to around 86%. If it was way lighter than that CM isn't going to get you there.

And Canva is horrible. Had a job done it that a few weeks ago. :vomit:

motormount

Didn't know about canvas, but usually this kind of pdf's ( photoshop, corel, word etc ) have that certain feel that needs (cries for ) a second look.
- Even though prinect's normalizer did a pretty good job with most of them -

Slappy

I've started to be able to spot 99% of Canva PDFs submitted, just by the way they look. not sure if it's the fonts, or the limitations of the design tools but yeah - they can suck.

Know what's neat? I've placed a few in InDy and without Overprint Preview on, ALL the fonts appeared to be mirrored. Nifty.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

pspdfppdfxhd

Got one today, first one. No bleeds, type running almost to the trim. :vomit:

scottrsimons

Working with one of them there high end designers, huh, ps? They only use the best equip and software you know.  :sarcasm:
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

pspdfppdfxhd

We get em all here. High end, low end and now Canva.

:vomit:

Tracy

the canva pdfs in my experience does have bleed just have to extend media box etc..
and using the object tool and deleting the clips seems to be easier then in pitstop.
tried extending bleed in pitstop and it mirrored when the bleed was actually there.
still a pain
I don't like canva >:(

Joe

Tracy, uncheck the box shown below in your action list and it won't mirror it if there is actually extra image there to display. It will just open up more image to fill the area needed for bleed.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: scottrsimons on September 24, 2019, 08:40:18 AM
Working with one of them there high end designers, huh, ps? They only use the best equip and software you know.  :sarcasm:

ps? I didn't know we were on a first name basis.

Tracy

Quote from: Joe on September 24, 2019, 06:37:59 PM
Tracy, uncheck the box shown below in your action list and it won't mirror it if there is actually extra image there to display. It will just open up more image to fill the area needed for bleed.

Hey! I didn't know that was there!
mine is unchecked!