Adobe Cloud is on the Ground today....assholes...

Started by mwc, May 15, 2014, 12:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwc

Adobe sure has their head's up their asses with the CC bullshit...Why The EFF-EWE-SEA-KAY would I want my business to close because my interweb is down!!!! (They say an active net connection isn't needed to use CC apps, but I guess that's only a half-truth...)

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2155621/adobe-creative-cloud-suffering-extended-outage.html

Farabomb

I've always had issue with things that are internet dependent. At my house my connection sucks, it's slow ass DSL. Seems the mentality is everyone has superfast broadband everywhere. Programs call home constantly, web pages are friggin huge so it's click, go make coffee and maybe the page will be done loading. Single player games that need a connection in order to play are bullshit.

Adobe already has your CC info... so does a bunch of hackers. They don't need to make sure your program works.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Some company is missing a great opportunity to swoop in and give Adobe a little competition.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

jimking

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

jimking

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Joe

If some enterprising person were to purchase Scribus, Inkscape, and Gimp and throw a PDF editor into the mix it could give Adobe a run for their money if priced reasonably. Maybe a pipe dream but the alternative is that Adobe rules the world.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on May 15, 2014, 03:22:50 PMIf some enterprising person were to purchase Scribus, Inkscape, and Gimp and throw a PDF editor into the mix it could give Adobe a run for their money if priced reasonably. Maybe a pipe dream but the alternative is that Adobe rules the world.

That would be called PitStop Pro Standalone.   Did I say that?   :undecided:

Looks like this happened while we were asleep over here.  :relieved:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

andyfest

I've got a floppy with MacPaint and MacWord on it. Now if I could just find the old Macintosh Plus.....
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

almaink

CS6 Forever! I've had a few issues with the Documents font folder with back saved files, but thats easy to work around.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers