Unbelievable Resource!

Started by DigitalCrapShoveler, October 28, 2008, 01:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

Quote from: Foozball on April 09, 2009, 08:00:51 AMThis weekend - EASTER - my time to clean up that new 1gig drive - full of my photos, NFL photos, projects, and the ominous, ever expanding Heroturko folder ... :undecided:

good luck with that. I have a 750MB external at home i use to dump all the personal photos and docs on..
it started acting buggy a few months ago, thought i would archive to DVD just to be safe... 60 DVDs later... still going at it. what a pain in the ass. i should just fork over for a new hard drive, but im cheap.

tapdn

:huh: :huh: :huh:
wouldn't 750 MB fit on one 4.4 Gig DVD????
color me lost (not that me being lost is all that unusual).
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

delooch

er... im meant 750GB. its early! I remember buying that a year ago thinking id NEVER fill it up..

tapdn

I would think the same thing!!
Damn that's a lot of stuff.
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
~Farabomb

Foozball

Does it mean I'm getting old that I wrote "1gig" when I really meant 1terabyte, and didn't think anything of it until now?? :huh:

Gosh dang, dem compooter drives, an dere hexa-mega-giga-watzits hard drives... :laugh:

gnubler

I also have the unending task of organizing and resaving all my Heroturko goodies with previews so I can browse through them in File Browser. It's a sickness.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

delooch

yeah, with TB storage being somewhat affordable now, theres no reason to delete anything anymore. its a curse and a blessing.

tapdn

We've had one of our network volumes on an older puter going bad with age, so decided to move everything over to a new drive. They wanted to weed out useless/ old crap while they were at it and the gal put in charge of the project has been at it for over a week now!! She is just way too into it and driving everyone nutz with "is this okay to delete". I know mw- I would just thash everything over 2 years old!! :evil:
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

Foozball

Quote from: delooch on April 09, 2009, 09:38:17 AMyeah, with TB storage being somewhat affordable now, theres no reason to delete anything anymore. its a curse and a blessing.
Tonight and last night, I expanded most of the Heroturko stuff ... Freakin wow ... I think its about 80gig of stuff - If it weren't FREE I'd DEFINITELY complain about having to sort through and categorise all of it!  :banghead:

Hours upon hours of crap sorting and I have ONE piece of advice - if you have a second (CRAP) computer, disconnect it from the internet USE/ABUSE IT to expand most of the programs that have serial number cracks in them!
Most code cracks show up as VIRUSES according to your virus protection and are immediately quarantined! This way you can install the program, launch the .exe for the numbers and then delete! ;)

DigitalCrapShoveler

Fooz... last week I hit 565 GB. I have maybe half sorted. It is mind blowing. :blowup:

It's all from Turko. Their book section has some real gems. I didn't know Adolf Hitler was such a kick-ass artist. Not too good in the people department, but the fucker could draw and paint his ass off! What a waste.
Member #285 - Civilian

Foozball

Yeah, I took notice of a lot of the "digital art" that was there, waiting for the right time to show the wife the collection of artwork of celebrities I have.
And I'm not a big a fan of paintings, but the Masters type stuff (Van Gogh), was too good to ignore! ;)

delooch

Quote from: Foozball on May 07, 2009, 12:00:47 AMHours upon hours of crap sorting and I have ONE piece of advice - if you have a second (CRAP) computer, disconnect it from the internet USE/ABUSE IT to expand most of the programs that have serial number cracks in them!
Most code cracks show up as VIRUSES according to your virus protection and are immediately quarantined! This way you can install the program, launch the .exe for the numbers and then delete! ;)

i do all that crap in a virtual machine, just for that reason..

dont you love it when youve been using a certain application/crack for years, then one day, after a virus definition update, you find that app infected? then you think, how long have i been a zombie/keylogged/etc?

Skryber

I forgot I bookmarked this Heroturko site and started downloading stuff today. I have 3 computers I've been jumping back and forth with and was thinking how I can't wait til bossman leaves, cause there are about 12 more PCs I could use just in the office area. OMG help! My name is Skryber and I have a DL addiction.  :cry:
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

gnubler

It hits me every 3-4 weeks or so. Things are slow and I take a peek to see what's new and I become a downloading fool for the next few days until I'm overwhelmed with all the new files. It's taken me WEEKS to finally organize and rename all the shit.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Foozball

Quote from: Skryber on May 19, 2009, 04:53:37 PMI forgot I bookmarked this Heroturko site and started downloading stuff today. I have 3 computers I've been jumping back and forth with and was thinking how I can't wait til bossman leaves, cause there are about 12 more PCs I could use just in the office area. OMG help! My name is Skryber and I have a DL addiction.  :cry:
Welcome to our world!!!

At home, I am slowly "chugging" my way through wedding photos, and using the albums/frames from Hero to present them! Then I plan to use some of their "antique" book covers too ...
I'm still too "high" on my problem to acknowledge that it actually "might" be a PROBLEM! :huh: