Prepress Coordinator / Operator in South Suburban Chicagoland

Started by t-pat, June 18, 2012, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t-pat

Here's the ad they're running, or at least the draft I got:

Printing: Prepress Production Coordinator

Commercial printer in South/Southwest Suburbs seeks experienced Prepress Production Coordinator. This is a hybrid coordinator/operator position. This is a full-time, first shift, salaried position with a competitive salary and full benefits.

Job responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
Preflight incoming jobs
Schedule work and assign work to prepress operators
Check outgoing prepress work
Interface with Sales, Customer Service, Clients, and employees in other departments
Ensure that prepress supply inventory is adequate
Ensure that equipment is maintained
Work on jobs as necessary

REQUIRED experience and skills
Minimum TEN YEARS experience working for a commercial printer (not a quick printer)
Minimum FIVE YEARS supervisory experience in prepress: including scheduling employees and work, interfacing with sales, customer service, and shop-floor production.
Expertise in all industry-standard graphics applications on Mac and Windows
Thorough knowledge of entire printing process from prepress to bindery
Minimum TWO YEARS preps experience

OTHER experience and skills (not required but an asset)
Prinergy
Digital Print
Variable Data Print setup
Mailing

Please send resume and salary history. Candidates not meeting all REQUIRED criteria will not be considered. Candidates who do not submit a salary history will not be considered.

Contact me and I'll put your resume in front of the person who is doing the hiring.

vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

andyfest

The cheap booze south of the 49th p. is tempting, but I think at my age I'll stick to universal health care up here. :old:
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

t-pat

Quote from: andyfest on June 18, 2012, 03:34:20 PMThe cheap booze south of the 49th p. is tempting, but I think at my age I'll stick to universal health care up here. :old:

You have the right idea.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait